Free Version Requires License?

I just installed TOAD for SQL Server freeware. When I try to select “Generate SQL” all the options are grayed out and there is the text “Not Licensed”.

How do you get a license for the freeware version?

The PDF on the page below shows that the Query Builder is included with the freeware version:

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-sql-server/w/wiki/10873.toad-for-sql-server-editions-and-feature-matrix.aspx

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thanks, I will check this and keep you update. Would you like to try our Beta? These functionality can be used in beta version.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Thanks for your response.

The BETA of which version? Freeware?

I don’t know why the freeware version I have can’t generate SQL?

Hi Ali,

Sorry for your inconvenience. We are checking why some feature can’t be used in freeware.

For Beta, we can download here:

www.toadworld.com/…/default.aspx

This beta build is free but will be expired in 16 Feburary. We will update before that.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Hey guys,

Was a resolution ever found for this outside of using the Beta? I just installed Toad for SQL Server 6.6 Freeware version and it does not appear to support the query builder tool. Could not find any current documentation that shows whether or not it was intended to be included with the version 6.6 freeware.

Thanks!

Mike

It’s draconian personally. What’s the big deal? Dell should just release the full version and limit it to a trial period of 30 days like most other software packages. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with these limited options on their “freeware”, when you can hardly do anything at all.

Has there ever been an answer to this? Is this software still maintained? It doesn’t seem to be possible to buy the full version, and the freeware version has features locked down, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to get a license key?