FTP EXPORT

I am trying to upload a .csv to an FTP site. The customer requires the file have an extention of yyyymmddhhmm and they do not want the header information. I had origially set it up as a file script with results. i was able to upload the file with the proper extention, but there is no way that i can find to elimanate the header information. If i use the to Export wizzard, I can control the header, but i can not control the format of the date suffix. it allows me to add it, but not control the format. Any ideas?

Thanks DJ

I ran your post past Debbie Peabody our automation expert and she suggest the following:

In automation, they would have to do this in two parts. First use the export wizard and uncheck the use headers option. See below image:

For the extension, they will need to build their own suffix. Use the Copy File activity and build formatted current_date like the below image. The best we can do is the format string he wants but all upper case.

That works until you try to upload to the FTP site. What file do I define? The file name will change every day, but the FTP definition wants you to select a file name.

From: Jeff Podlasek [mailto:bounce-Jeff_Podlasek@toadworld.com]

Sent: April 04, 2017 11:29

To: toaddb2@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Discussion Forum] FTP EXPORT

RE: FTP EXPORT

Reply by Jeff Podlasek

I ran your post past Debbie Peabody our automation expert and she suggest the following:

In automation, they would have to do this in two parts. First use the export wizard and uncheck the use headers option. See below image:

For the extension, they will need to build their own suffix. Use the Copy File activity and build formatted current_date like the below image. The best we can do is the format string he wants but all upper case.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

DJ Kirby

Business Analyst

Bay and Bay Transportation

dkirby@bayandbay.com

Tel: 651-480-4912

Fax: 651-480-7996

Cell:612-325-4362

www.bayandbay.com

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Select the “use file mask” option and define a filter that will upload the correct file daily.