FTPS Option for TDP 3.4 Not working with SSL?

Hi, I know we recently had the FTPS option made available to the FTP function in automation. We have a site that we send to that must have SSL utilized and I was wondering if this was something that was tested when building this option? We cannot connect to this site through the FTPS option and we are wondering if it might have to do with SSL not being an option to select and use?

Thanks

Chad King

I asked responsible dev to review your question.

Thanks,

Igor.

looks like we did not test in this release. We are setting up new FTPS server. We will let you know what we found and if we have questions.

We have tested on our FTPS server and don’t find any issues. Can you be specific on the settings you are using and exactly what the error is?

We cannot do implicit or explicit on the SSL. It provides a lengthy error as below:

System.ArgumentException

Requested value ‘FTPS Implicit’ was not found.

Stack Trace:

at System.Enum.EnumResult.SetFailure(ParseFailureKind failure, String failureMessageID, Object failureMessageFormatArgument)

at System.Enum.TryParseEnum(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase, EnumResult& parseResult)

at System.Enum.Parse(Type enumType, String value, Boolean ignoreCase)

at Quest.Toad.FTP.PropertiesForm.SaveUI()

at Quest.Toad.FTP.PropertiesForm.testButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at DevExpress.Utils.Controls.ControlBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at DevExpress.XtraEditors.BaseControl.WndProc(Message& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I’m also attaching the support bundle for this also.

Chad
ToadSupportBundleToad Data Point_042414.zip (116 KB)

Hi I was wondering if there was any update on this? Is there anymore information I need to provide?

Thanks

Chad

Woops. I never saw the support bundle you attached. I entered QAT-2744 for this. Michael will work directly with you on this.

Hello Chad,

A fix for this issue went out with TDP 3.5. Are you able to use the new version and give it a try?

Thanks.

Michael, I just installed 3.5 and tested the connection and it is successful. I haven’t uploaded anything yet, but am hopeful it would work. Before we couldn’t even connect.

Thanks a bunch for this!

Chad