General question/Enhancement on Settings ->Options

Hi

On the model tab, I am wondering why itdisplay MS SQL Server and MySQL as an options. Does it mean if wemake setting on this two option, it will automatically apply toMysql5 or MSSQL 2000 and MSSQL 2005? or it does not do anything atthe moment? I think it is a good Idea to have the general option likethat, when toad data modeller support multi-version of SQL Server /MySQL, user could just edit the setting here and apply to all theversion of that database.

I think it would be a good idea to havea pop up box to ask if the user want to save the changes that made iftoad data modeller have detected that the user have modified some ofthe options and click on the cross button at the top right handcorner. Because some of the user always made mistake that assume whenyou click on exit, it would save the changes.

At the moment, On Options-> Model->Physical Model --> SQL Server/MySQL/MySQL5 …etc has a dropdown list and a text box, I think it would be better to preselect“Use Internal Editor” on the drop down list rather than leavingit blank, i think it would make it a bit clear.

Another question is once you changedthe Font on Options-> Model ->Physical Model, it does not applyto the model that created before. I knew that user could go to eachof the workspace to change the setting one by one. I am wondering ifit is possible to change the setting to all the workspace as well?E.g. Extra button for Apply for Existing model …etc

Please let me know if you want me toexplain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello,

On the model tab, I am wondering why itdisplay MS SQL Server and MySQL as an options. Does it mean if wemake setting on this two option, it will automatically apply toMysql5 or MSSQL 2000 and MSSQL 2005? or it does not do anything atthe moment? I think it is a good Idea to have the general option likethat, when toad data modeller support multi-version of SQL Server /MySQL, user could just edit the setting here and apply to all theversion of that database.

Yes, this is definitely how it is. See e.g. Oracle - Use Internal Editor is selected by default. Now see Oracle 10g - there is Use the Setting from Oracle. The same is for Oracle 9i. It means that when you make some change in Oracle item, the change will be automatically applied for Oracle 10g and Oracle 9i as for both the options, the Use the Setting from Oracle option is selected. This is the default setting and it will work until you change it on your own.

This way it works for all databases except SQL Server 2000. For this database, the external editor has to be defined separately (in MS SQL Server 2000, not via item MS SQL Server). - However, we will work on this.

I think it would be a good idea to havea pop up box to ask if the user want to save the changes that made iftoad data modeller have detected that the user have modified some ofthe options and click on the cross button at the top right handcorner.

Thanks for this suggestion. CR # 36 786.

At the moment, On Options-> Model->Physical Model --> SQL Server/MySQL/MySQL5 ...etc has a dropdown list and a text box, I think it would be better to preselect“Use Internal Editor” on the drop down list rather than leavingit blank, i think it would make it a bit clear.

Use Internal Editor is set as default for all databases. If the drop down is blank, please select this option. (If you installed beta on a new computer, this option would be pre-set, no drop-down would be blank.)

Another question is once you changedthe Font on Options-> Model ->Physical Model, it does not applyto the model that created before. I knew that user could go to eachof the workspace to change the setting one by one. I am wondering ifit is possible to change the setting to all the workspace as well?E.g. Extra button for Apply for Existing model ..etc

Generally, in the Options dialog, you can define:

*Default options (e.g. options for models) - If you change default options, the changes will be applied for new models, not in already existing models.

• Other options (e.g. number of Undo/Redo steps, paths in Version Manager) - You can change them at any time. The changes will be applied immediately for currently opened model.

There are two main sections:

• Application - here, you can modify all basic settings of the TDM application.
  • Model - here, you can modify settings for every new model you will create.

What you request will not be so easy as someone can modify format for currently opened model in the Options dialog (format for all WSs) and at the same time someone in Workspace format, which would lead to conflict.
Nevertheless, we will discuss it. CR # 36 787.

Chi, thanks again for your time to share your ideas with us. Your co-operation is great!

Have a nice day.

Vladka