Possible Enhancement?

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible toimplement some feature, in allow user to migrate the database? Theuser can build the model on MS SQL SERVER 2005 and they would like tohave the same database in MYSQL5, So they can just built a model oneither SQL Server 2005 then they can just change an option onGenerate SQL script wizard, then it can export sql for any othersupported database.

I am wondering if it is possible tohave one more features on top of Notes Line, so the user could entersome description on the Notes line to explain what is that line usedfor…etc

Please let me know if you want me toexplain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Model Conversion is supported in the latest Beta thanks to the new Convertor.

Please see the new movie on this topic:

Model Conversion See how to convert Oracle 10g model to MySQL model in the new Convertor.

http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=957&categoryID=30

Your request - possibility to add description on Note Line - CR # 35 757.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering if it is possible to build an logical model then generate SQL Script from Generate SQL Wizard/function, so they we can just simply click on some option, and it can then generate the suitable SQL script for us.

From the “Model conversion” function, we need to build another model, which may not be very convenient, if the application that we build can be use in multiple Database server.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hello Chi,

Yes, it will be possible to use the Convertor for converstion from logical model to physical. You will select a database for PER model and then modify it and generate SQL script. - This will be available in the future.

From the "Model conversion" function, we need to build another model, which may not be very convenient, if the application that we build can be use in multiple Database server.

You're right. We keep improving the Model Conversion feature and definitely will take into consideration your comment. CR # 35 785.

Thanks!

Regards,

Vladka & TDM Team

Hi

I do not know shall I make a new topic for this suggestion or just put another other possible enhancement under this topic. So I just put it here for now : )

I am wondering if it is possible to Add another feature Toad DataModeller, which allow user to delete the model from Application View aswell as delete the model/files from Version Manager( I knew you canremove the model from Version Manager, but the physical files stillexist on the Version Manager directory.)

E.g. If the user press “CTRL Delete” key when they select the model onthe Application View, it could display a modal box to ask if you wantto DELETE the Model from the File System…etc)

I think it would be very useful as sometime you may want to remove themodel/ versioned model completed without going into the model directoryeverytime to delete it. (Especially for the Version manager)

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Another suggestion is added please see above topic

Message was edited by: Chi

Hello Chi,

Thank you for your suggestions. We will consider it:

• for AV - CR # 35 804.
  • for VM - CR # 35 805.

Thanks again!

Vladka