Generate Only Tables Associated with Workspace in HTML Report

I’m testing out Toad Data Modeler version 3.1.7.36 before converting from version 2. I successfully converted an old model (dm2 file) and then attempted to generate a HTML report for one workspace.

Except for the Model Info and ERD tabs, the report generated information for the whole model, including all tables, columns, relationships, etc., regardless of which workspace they are associated with. How can I generate the report for a single workspace and only generate information for those tables, columns, etc. associated with the selected workspace?

Hello,

How can I generate the report for a single workspace and only generate information for those tables, columns, etc. associated with the selected workspace?

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. TDM v3 does not allow you to generate report for particular WS. At the moment, you can only generate a screenshot of ERD of the selected WS, but all objects of the model will always be generated in the report.

In any case, this request has already been raised. CR # 45 316. We will deal with it in the future.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Vladka

I’ve downloaded version 3.2.5.8 and tried generating a HTML report again. It looks like objects (e.g. entities, relationships) associated with a single workspace cannot be generated yet. Toad Data Modeler 3.x still generates all objects when generating a report. Any idea on when this issue will be addressed? This is a deal-breaker for us to convert to version 3.x.

Hello,

Let me reply.
Unfortunately, this issue is not addressed in upcoming full version 3.3.x.
Nevertheless, we will consider it for a feature plan for next full version.

Thank you very much for your patience!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Any idea when the version resolving this issue might be deployed? Is version 3.4.x being considered, or do I need to wait until 4.x? Until this is resolved, I will be unable to upgrade to TDM beyond version 2.x.

Hello,

Good news! This feature is one of our main priorities for next version 3.5.x. (next version will be version 3.5 not 3.4). Release date for v. 3.5 has not been determined yet.

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka

Hello

Is it OK now?

I couldn't find this