Guidance on JDBC driver compatibility?

Is there any guidelines on what JDBC drivers are supported and unsupported with Toad Edge?

I recently attempted to add the iNet merlia driver to Toad Edge and it failed with the terse “Driver was not loaded properly!” message.

We’re using this driver to talk to SQLServer successfully in other java apps, so I was curious what’s so special about Toad Edge that would not be able to load a conforming driver.

Using SQL Server with TOAD Edge is not presently supported. Presently only MySQL database is supported and support for other open source databases shall be added in the General Availability edition, which shall become available later in the year. TOAD Edge is presently designed for open source databases only as indicated in “Toad Edge is a lightweight, flexible toolset for the development and management of open-source databases.”

SQL Server on Linux is open-source and support for SQL Server on Linux shall also be added.

My issue isn’t with the host database. I’m on a mac and trying to access a remote SQLServer via a JDBC driver. I’ve tried both the Microsoft JDBC driver and then Inet merlia driver.

Both fail to load in Toad Edge.

I guess my question is what JDBC drivers do you intend to support with TOAD edge?

-Thom

My issue isn’t with the host database.

Indirectly the issue is with the database as configuring SQL Server would only be usable with SQL Server Database.

I guess my question is what JDBC drivers do you intend to support with TOAD edge?

Only open source JDBC drivers and databases, presently only MySQL.