hanging after executing stored procedure - Toad for Oracle Freeware 12.1

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 11.x to 12.1 and since then the program has been misbehaving after running a particular stored procedure in the SQL window. The procedure adds and subtracts from certain tables, inserts, updates, deletes etc.

After executing the the proc, the program becomes slow to respond, taking several seconds to respond to mouse clicks so I can commit the session, though it does report commit was successful. Throughout, the mouse icon is an hour glass. Quitting the program prompts “Cancel execution and close tab?” yet does not quit when I choose yes,

This appears to me to be a bug with 12.1 as it worked immediately prior to the upgrade. Is there any way to debug this issue, or are there any updates to the program available?

Thanks,

Simon

On the DBMS Output tab in the Editor there is a button with a lightning bolt. Try clicking it into the down position and then again so that it is in the up position. Try executing again. Is the problem resolved? A similar issue came up recently through support.

Michael

On 11/26/2013 03:41 PM, sda wrote:

hanging after executing stored procedure - Toad for Oracle Freeware 12.1

Thread created by sda
Hi,

I recently upgraded from 11.x to 12.1 and since then the program has been misbehaving after running a particular stored procedure in the SQL window. The procedure adds and subtracts from certain tables, inserts, updates, deletes etc.

After executing the the proc, the program becomes slow to respond, taking several seconds to respond to mouse clicks so I can commit the session, though it does report commit was successful. Throughout, the mouse icon is an hour glass. Quitting the program
prompts "Cancel execution and close tab?" yet does not quit when I choose yes,

This appears to me to be a bug with 12.1 as it worked immediately prior to the upgrade. Is there any way to debug this issue, or are there any updates to the program available?

Thanks,

Simon

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thank you Michael! This appears to have solved it for me.

Simon