Eclipse, NotePad++, VS Code, Squirrel SQL, DBeaver, etc. have a shortcut key to move lines of code up and down.
I use Ctrl+SHIFT+Up/DOWN arrows to do this in other editors.
But, I cannot seem to do that Toad. Where can I enter in this shortcut key? I am using Toad version: 18.104.22.1685 (64-bit)
you can follow these steps:
- Open the Options dialog box. You can do this by pressing Ctrl+Alt+O or by clicking on the Options menu item in the Tools menu.
- In the Options dialog box, select the Keyboard tab.
- In the Keyboard Shortcuts list, expand the Editor node.
- In the Editor node, expand the SQL Editor node.
- In the SQL Editor node, locate the Move Line Up and Move Line Down commands.
- In the Shortcut column for the Move Line Up and Move Line Down commands, enter Ctrl+Shift+Up and Ctrl+Shift+Down, respectively.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Once you have saved your changes, you should be able to use Ctrl+Shift+Up and Ctrl+Shift+Down to move lines of code up and down in Toad.
Hi, buddy, did this help?