How to close a file with a keyboard shortcut.

It would also be nice if CTRL+W closed a tab in the Editor window. Or if there was some keyboard shortcut to closing a tab. Every time I have to touch my mouse when coding, a part of me dies a little. :wink:

Please, someone either tell me how to do this, or please add this enhancement to TOAD. Most Windows applications use CTRL+W to allow for the closing of the active file or tab.

In Options|Toolbars/Menus|Shortcuts you can set CTRL+W for the "Close Tab" command.

Michael

On 10/28/2013 12:14 PM, Michael Coughlin wrote:

How to close a file with a keyboard shortcut.

Thread created by Michael Coughlin
It would also be nice if CTRL+W closed a tab in the Editor window. Or if there was some keyboard shortcut to closing a tab. Every time I have to touch my mouse when coding, a part of me dies a little. :wink:

Please, someone either tell me how to do this, or please add this enhancement to TOAD. Most Windows applications use CTRL+W to allow for the closing of the active file or tab.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Wow! Thanks so much. I apologize for not being more diligent. Frankly, there are so many options now it is hard to sift though.

Followup (I can post a new thread if you prefer):

I’m going to get a NEW PC soon. I know to to export autocorrect and formatter options, but is there a way for me to export all my TOAD options (like the one above) and import them into TOAD on my new PC when it comes?