How to connect to Excel (as a database) using Toad

Dear Expert,

Could you please explain if Toad can be connected to Excel Sheet/test file as a database instead of ORACLE or SQL server?

Which version of Toad I need to download for that? Please explain the steps in details.

Thanks in advance.

Toad for Oracle can import your excel spreadsheet into a table in the database, but as far as just connecting to the spreadsheet and just querying from it,

Toad for Oracle won’t do that. Maybe one of the other flavors will – I’m not sure.

To Import data from a spreadsheet, go to the Schema Browser, rt-click on your table and choose “Import Data”. Then just follow the steps in the dialog that
comes up.

If you need to create the table first, click “create table” in the Schema Browser, then in the create table dialog, there is a “create cols from file” button
that can read your spreadsheet and take a pretty good guess of column names and data types. You can make adjustments if needed.

From: srikumar.darjee [mailto:bounce-srikumardarjee@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2013 11:35 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] How to connect to Excel (as a database) using Toad

How to connect to Excel (as a database) using Toad

Thread created by srikumar.darjee

Dear Expert,

Could you please explain if Toad can be connected to Excel Sheet/test file as a database instead of ORACLE or SQL server?

Which version of Toad I need to download for that? Please explain the steps in details.

Thanks in advance.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks a lot John for the detail explanation.

But, I am looking for an option to read/query the data directly from worksheet, if possible.

Your best bet is probably Toad Data Point www.quest.com/toad-data-point