How to convert old .tas files from Toad for Data Analysts 2.6 to Toad Data Point 4.2

Hello we are using Toad for Data Analysts 2.6, and have multiple scripts that were created in that program for data validation. We are in the process of updating our database from Oracle 11 to Oracle 12 and found that Toad for Data Analysts isn’t compatible, so we are utilizing a trial version of Toad Data Point 4.2. The problem is that when we try to open our old automated .tas scripts in Data Point, they aren’t working. We get a notification that if we run the old script in the new program that it will no longer be compatible in the old program, and that’s OK. But then all we’re able to see is instructions on how to Build a new Automation Script. Our old script is not viewable. Is there a way to convert our old 2.6 scripts to Data Point 4.2?

Thank you!

Automation scripts are versioned so when you open up an older automation script into a newer Toad it will update the version and newer options. But there will always be a copy of the old script located similar path as shown below. You can find your exact location by using the about box and app data dir.

C:\Users\dpeabody\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.3\Automation\bak

With that being said, older files should work in newer toads but we have found a few issues with the current release. Can you provide details on what is occurring so I can confirm if we have fixed or not? Or you might want to open up a support case so we can dive into this in depth,

Hi Debbie,

When I open an automated .tas script in TFDA 2.6, I am able to see the script visualized, with database connections, If conditions, etc.
When I open a copy of the same script in TDP 4.2, I just see a tutorial on how to create a new script. However the tab at the top shows the name of my script, as if I should be able to see it.

Thanks again.

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com
Date: 07/27/2017 02:20 PM
Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] How to convert old .tas files from Toad for Data Analysts 2.6 to Toad Data Point 4.2

RE: How to convert old .tas files from Toad for Data Analysts 2.6 to Toad Data Point 4.2
Reply by Debbie Peabody

Automation scripts are versioned so when you open up an older automation script into a newer Toad it will update the version and newer options. But there will always be a copy of the old script located similar path as shown below. You can find your exact location by using the about box and app data dir.

C:\Users\dpeabody\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.3\Automation\bak

With that being said, older files should work in newer toads but we have found a few issues with the current release. Can you provide details on what is occurring so I can confirm if we have fixed or not? Or you might want to open up a support case so we can dive into this in depth,

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum notifications altogether.
Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

*************************** IMPORTANT NOTE*****************************
The opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and not necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates (“BBH”). There is no guarantee that this message is either private or confidential, and it may have been altered by unauthorized sources without your or our knowledge. Nothing in the message is capable or intended to create any legally binding obligations on either party and it is not intended to provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or damage from its use, including damage from virus.

My screen shots won’t upload. But basically we are able to see all of the Database connections, Select to file instances, etc in TFDA but in TDP we just see a screen showing us how to create a new automated script. However the tab at the top of the page shows the name of the script, as if we should be able to view it.

I think I remember something about this. Open up one of these scripts in your old version. Is the setting activity (looks like a gear) not at the very top? It needs to be or else none of the other activities will show. If that is the case move the settings activity to the top and save. Then you will be able to open in newer version of TDP.

In later versions we don’t allow this to happen.

corr.png