How to get Line Graph in a TOAD DP Report to show over time evenly?

I am working within the TOAD Data Report Designer, and would like to create a line graph that shows the increase in data over time. I am able to send the data results to the graph correctly, but the X-axis does not accurately reflect time evenly. For example if the dates were:

05-APR-2012
08-APR-2012
13-APR-2012
01-AUG-2012
05-AUG-2012

I would like to see the gap between datapoints 3 and 4 shown as a longer line on the graph. As it is though, it determines the same ‘length’ of time between each data point, which does not accurately reflect the difference in dates. I have an example of this if needed. Does anyone know how to update the X-axis (dates) to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi
In my side it works as you want, gap will be longer for longer time. I use the Toad Sample database, and use

SELECT CONTACT_ID, CUSTOMER_ID, ADDRESS_ID, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, SEX, HOME_PHONE, BUSINESS_PHONE, BIRTH_DATE, EMAIL_ADDRESS
FROM CONTACT where CONTACT_ID

this SQL, send result to Chart Designer as Spline, and I get a file like the picture in the attachment.
And in your side i think it maybe the data type is not recognize as date, Also If you can provide your edition and database type , it will be very helpful.
ToadDataReport.pdf (140 KB)