How to make a custome color permanent

Hi, Very often I find myself using a custom color for the “Brush Color” of an entity.

So I go into the “Format” dialog select the “Custom” entry, define my custom color, click on “Add to Custom Colors” and then use that color. The next time I want to change a brush color to exactly this color, I again need to go into the “Custom” definition, define my color, click on “Add to Custom Colors” and then use that color. The next time I want to change the brush color of an entity, I again need to go into the “Custom” definition, define my color, click on “Add to Custom Colors” … (you get the picture).

Why isn’t my “Custom Color” retained after closing the dialog? In a perfect world, the definition of the custom color would even be saved in the model itself but I would already be happy, if I only have to do it once after starting TDM. Am I missing something, or is this “Add to custom colors” simply not made persistent somehow by TDM?

Hi,

You are right that adding a custom color should be saved and remain in palette until TDM instance is terminated, at least. I created CR 110903 to address this, but you can also use the Brush Color tool on the toolbar, where custom colors stay for the particular model until the TDM instance is terminated. And the last defined/used custom color remains loaded and usable even after TDM restart.

Regards,

Lukas

Thanks, that’s a good alternative.

Actually for my specific problem right now I found an even better solution: I discovered that I can assign a brush color for a category, so I have created different categories and then I’ll simply assign the tables to the different categories. That way I only need to define the color only once.

Yes, good point, using categories with different brush colors is another option and is permanent.

Enjoy!

Lukas