Import/export database connections from IBM to Toad

Hi all,

I have all my db2 database connections defined in IBM control center and need to get them into Toad. Here are the steps I have been taking:

1. Open IBM’s Configuration Assistant.
  2. Click Configure–>Export Profile–>All and then give it a file name and save.
  3. Go and edit file to make sure there is something in there and there is.
  4. Open Toad and click on Import Connections, select file and open.
  5. I get a screen with Import Connection and Name at the top but it is empty.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

I believe you are actually creating an export file of your DB2 catalog.
You can use the Toad Config Wizard to import those DB2 connections.
(See fig1 image).

Or you can use Toad and import your catalog from another DB2 copy (without needing to create an export file)
(See cat1 image)

Once you have those databases cataloged in the Toad DB2copy (i.e TOADC50), you can create Toad connection profiles manually or via a button on the connection manager (See cat2 image).
cat2.jpeg

(See fig1 image).

Or you can use Toad and import your catalog from another DB2 copy (without needing to create an export file)
(See cat1 image)

Once you have those databases cataloged in the Toad DB2copy (i.e TOADC50), you can create Toad connection profiles manually or via a button on the connection manager (See cat2 image).

(See fig1 image).

(See cat1 image)

You are the man Jeff! That worked extremely well. Thanks for the timely answer.