Import Table Data

Hi Guy’s,

Here are 2 issues I’m seeing with Import Table Data.

Issue 1:

My source is an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx). The spreadsheet has 3 rows, first row is header. I specify First Row 2, Last Row 3. On the Preview File and Define Fields screen, I only see row 2 from the spreadsheet, I should see row 2 and row 3. (See attached image).

Issue 2:

On the Specify Import Mode screen, I set commit mode to “One commit after all records”, however, if the import fails, it commits whatever records made it prior to the failure. The behaviour appears to be that even though I chose commit mode “One commit after all records”, its defaulting to “Commit after each record”.
ToadIssue.jpeg

Thanks. I can reproduce issue 1.

For issue 2, I think it is just commiting after the import is finished (even if there was an error along the way). You can verify this by turning on spool
sql and finding the commits in the output. If you don’t like this behavior, maybe the “Don’t commit” option is best for you. If you choose this option, it will remind you to commit after the import.

From: msacks_703 [mailto:bounce-msacks_703@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:10 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Import Table Data

Hi Guy’s,

Here are 2 issues I’m seeing with Import Table Data.

Issue 1:

My source is an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx). The spreadsheet has 3 rows, first row is header. I specify First Row 2, Last Row 3. On the Preview File and Define
Fields screen, I only see row 2 from the spreadsheet, I should see row 2 and row 3. (See attached image).

Issue 2:

On the Specify Import Mode screen, I set commit mode to “One commit after all records”, however, if the import fails, it commits whatever records made it prior
to the failure. The behaviour appears to be that even though I chose commit mode “One commit after all records”, its defaulting to “Commit after each record”.

Hi John,

For issue 2, is there any way to offer an option that only issues the commits if there are no import errors?

There is no way as of now. The beta cycle is winding down and I’m only supposed to make bug fixes at this point, but that can surely be done for 12.1.

From: msacks_703 [mailto:bounce-msacks_703@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:26 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Import Table Data

Hi John,

For issue 2, is there any way to offer an option that only issues the commits if there are no import errors?

#1 is fixed for next beta.

Thanks John. I’ll check it out when the next build is available.