Toad World® Forums

installing TOAD in a new PC

Hi everyone,

i’m new here and new using TOAD i want to know how i can use it in a PC that is in blank i mean i didnt install nothing about oracle and when i open my TOAD the connection string shows in red ORACLE ROOT and the buttons SQLNET TSNAMES LD/AP had red X

Am using TOAD 9.5.031 and the Oracle Server that im trying to connect is 10g Enterprise 64bits 10.2.0.1.0

please give me some instructions.

thanks

In the install guide, it shows that you need an oracle client. For this, you will have to go to the oracle web site and download a client. Since you are using such an old version of Toad, you may have difficulties finding a client that works. An oracle
10 client would probably be best.

I recommend doing a quick google search for oracle 10 client.

On Mar 25, 2015, at 8:26 PM, DanielCoopac bounce-DanielCoopac@toadworld.com wrote:

installing TOAD in a new PC

Thread created by DanielCoopac
Hi everyone,

i’m new here and new using TOAD i want to know how i can use it in a PC that is in blank i mean i didnt install nothing about oracle and when i open my TOAD the connection string shows in red ORACLE ROOT and the buttons SQLNET TSNAMES LD/AP had red X

Am using TOAD 9.5.031 and the Oracle Server that im trying to connect is 10g Enterprise 64bits 10.2.0.1.0

please give me some instructions.

thanks

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.