integration between Toad and TortoiseSVN

Hello All:

This may have already been answered, but I was curious to know (trying to help my boss) if there is a plug-in or application that will allow a Toad user to edit an Oracle object, such as a table definition, a function, a procedure or a package, in Toad without the original script being over-written/deleted. The edited version alongwith all the previous versions would be available on Toad within the Sub-Version repository (TortoiseSVN).

I found an interesting PDF file that may have already answered my question, but I wanted to get others’ opinions before submitting the proposal to my boss. Any suggestions, concerns, or criticisms would be greatly appreciated everyone. I have attached the PDF file at the bottom of this post. Thanks!

[View:~/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/10/TOAD-and-SubVersion.pdf:550:0]

The feature you need to research is called “Team Coding”. That’s Toad’s interface to version and/or source control software. Short answer – yes it’s doable.
But you need to look at Team Coding.

Bert Scalzo

Engr Tech Principal Engineer

Dell | Information Management

office
+1 469 888 5302

Quest Software is now part of Dell

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:33 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] integration between Toad and TortoiseSVN

Hello All:

This may have already been answered, but I was curious to know (trying to help my boss) if there is a plug-in or application that will allow a Toad user to edit an Oracle object, such as a table definition, a function, a procedure or a package, in Toad without
the original script being over-written/deleted. The edited version alongwith all the previous versions would be available on Toad within the Sub-Version repository (TortoiseSVN).

I found an interesting PDF file that may have already answered my question, but I wanted to get others’ opinions before submitting the proposal to my boss. Any suggestions, concerns, or criticisms would be greatly appreciated everyone. I have attached
the PDF file at the bottom of this post. Thanks!

TOAD and SubVersion.pdf

Thank you, Bert.