Toad Team Coding Adding New DB-Objects by DDL to VCS

Hello everybody!

I check out the capabilites of Toad Team Coding and SVN. My goal is to put my DB-objects under control of a VCS. I use Toad for Oracle Base Version 12.12.0.39.

Problem
I have setup Team Coding to control DB views. When I deploy scripts (using execute via SQL*PLUS ) for adding new views it shows up in the Team Coding Manager/Team Projects tab but not in VCS tab and therefore I am not able to do a checkin in SVN.

Can you help me here?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Det21,

Welcome, and thanks for your question! When you execute scripts via SQLPlus, you're launching an external application (SQLPlus) to run the script. As a result, Toad doesn't know when that script ends or whether there were any errors during its execution in order to properly post-process any Team Coding-related steps.

Instead, I would recommend executing your script within Toad simply by using F5. This way, Toad can monitor the script, provide any feedback on errors, and execute any necessary Team Coding post-processing. If you do that in Toad 12.12, you should see your views added to the VCS.

Please feel free to let us know if that will work for your needs, or if there's anything else we can do.

Thanks,

-John

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your response. With F5 it works. I also noticed that new created DB-object/DB-view will be added and committed in SVN automatically. Is it possible to change this behaviour to just add to SVN (without commit)

Thank you so much!

Regards,
D.