invalid field created when dataset created

I was displaying two record in SQL today in Toad 12.1.0.22.

When I created either a spreadsheet or insert statements from these two records, TOAD changed a data field to "13-JAN-2016" even though that date was not found in either record. Also, both records got that data inserted instead of the correct date.

How can this happen?

This sounds like a bug, but your Toad version is pretty old, so it’s likely that it’s fixed in the current version.

I’ll check it if you can give us some steps to reproduce the problem.

John, thanks for the quick response. I noticed that the actual SQL I used had a “order by” for the invalid returned field.

I wonder if that could have affected the results.

Doug

Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 4:35 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] invalid field created when dataset created

RE: invalid field created when dataset created

Reply by John Dorlon

This sounds like a bug, but your Toad version is pretty old, so it’s likely that it’s fixed in the current version.

I’ll check it if you can give us some steps to reproduce the problem.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I think that data is actually in your table and I don’t think the “Order by” is changing any result value.

There may be some bug in Toad 12.1’s import or export that you’ve run into. If you can give me some steps to reproduce that part of it with the wrong value being imported or exported, please post them here and I’ll check that. We don’t patch old versions but if I can reproduce the problem, I can at least tell you if it was fixed in a newer version.

John,

Thanks for your interest. I’ll update my version of Toad, instead of trying to re-create the problem.

Doug Bell

Sent: Monday, March 27, 2017 4:47 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] invalid field created when dataset created

Reply by John Dorlon

I think that data is actually in your table and I don’t think the “Order by” is changing any result value.

There may be some bug in Toad 12.1’s import or export that you’ve run into. If you can give me some steps to reproduce that part of it with the wrong value being imported or exported, please post them here and I’ll check that. We don’t patch old versions but if I can reproduce the problem, I can at least tell you if it was fixed in a newer version.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

That sounds like a good first step. If it happens with the new version, please let me know.

Hey, John.

I can’t figure out where to “double click” to download the latest version. It says there’s a “download button” on the “status bar”, but when I click it (in the lower right corner of the screen) nothing happens.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Doug

Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:07 AM

Reply by John Dorlon

That sounds like a good first step. If it happens with the new version, please let me know.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Not sure - you may have to go through the support website for that.

https://support.quest.com/toad-for-oracle/12.10/download-new-releases