Is there a FastReport variable for the Toad query filename?

Howdy,

In v12.12, I’m doing a very rare update to my FastReport that I’ve been using over the past 11 years (yes, I have paper copies going back to 03/2007 – eep!). I want to denote the change on the report, so I thought it would be best maintenance-wise if I were to include the name of the SQL query file that generated the data for the FastReport, which includes a version spec.

Is there a way to do that? Or otherwise some variable that would change when my SQL query from Toad changed?

Not a huge deal. Like I said, this FR rarely changes, but it got me to wondering.

Thanks!
Rich

There’s no way to do that now, but I could maybe add something.

I’m not sure I know where to get it from though. Are you opening the file from the Editor, then rt-click -> Report, or what?

The only workaround I can think of would be to add a field with that info in your query.

I’m loading a SQL from the Editor, executing it with F9, then rt-click->Report from the resulting grid.

But this seems hardly worth any extra effort to improve. I can easily insert text with the report version. But if something already existed, I would use that instead.

No worries, John! Thanks for the reply!

Rich