Toad World® Forums

Is there a shortcut key for View->Move?

I have 119-table model that I spend more time moving around in than selecting objects. Is there a shortcut key-combination that switches to View->Move mode? It would eliminate a lot of mouse movement.

That would really be a nice feature. It should be enough to click on the background, hold the left mouse button, cursor changes to hand and be able to move.
Also the hand icon in the toolbar should be next to the pointer and not in another toolbar…

Andreas

Hi guys,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Please hold down the middle mouse button to move in entire page/Workspace.
It should help.

Other tips for navigation on WS:
CTRL + scroll mouse to zoom in/zoom out.
CTRL +, CTRL + Page Up to zoom in,
CTRL -, CTRL + Page Down to zoom out.
Scroll mouse to move up/down in Workspace.
SHIFT + scroll mouse to move to the right/left in Workspace.

Movie:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=2060&categoryID=158

It should be enough to click on the background, hold the left mouse button, cursor changes to hand and be able to move.

The left mouse button is a pointer and also allows you to make selection of mutiple objects - hold it down and move over several tables - they will be selected. (Now you can e.g. move the group of selected objects or delete them or add to another WS etc.)

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Thanx a lot for the hints!

For all people that do not have a middle mouse button (like me) this one is great:
SHIFT + scroll mouse to move to the right/left in Workspace

And you forgot:
ALT + scroll mouse to move to the up/down in Workspace

Andreas

Thanks. :slight_smile:

References to other helpful tips:
http://modeling.inside.quest.com/kbcategory.jspa?categoryID=159
(Tips to print model much faster, tips to manage relationship lines, how to understand Convertor etc.)

Help file ’ Tips and Tricks’ chapter.

Hope you’ll appreciate them.

Regards,

Vladka

Groan.

I swear I tried that. Really! I also tried holding CTL, ALT, while pressing mouse buttons on the background.

Thank you!