Navigate Model by using Keyboard Key

Hi

I am wondering if it is possible to have a feature that allow user to select the Model, by pressing a keyboard key on workspace. E.g. if the model named “Account”, “Airtime”, “People”, “playground”, “background”, we will be able to press “P” on keyboard then it will bring us to the model named beginning of “P”, if we press “P” again, it will go the next one …etc.

I found it make it easier to navigate rather than using Physical Model Explorer to find the model you want to work with.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Hi,

We will consider your suggestion as enhancement of the CTRL+F (Find) function.
CR # 33 596.

Thanks very much!

Vladka

P.S.

I found it make it easier to navigate rather than using Physical Model Explorer to find the model you want to work with.

You use word 'model', however as I understand the issue, you mean 'object' (entity, relationship, view etc.) Is that right?

added P.S. note

Message was edited by: vladka

Hi

Thanks, I always confuse by which terms to be used.

I would like to suggest another CTRL+F (find function), It would be better when we press CTRL +F the focus can automatically set to the text box field on the search box, at the moment, after we click on CTRL+F, it automatically focus to cancel button, so we need to click on the text box field manually before we can type anything.

Please let me know if you want me to explain more.

Many thanks

Chi

Message was edited by: Chi

Hi Chi,

This is not a problem. We will do what you require. CR # 33 645.

Thanks!

Vladka