joining tables across multiple platform

Having issue joining across multiple platform, when query contain more than 1 table from different a different platform.

qry_with_toad_err.doc (71 KB)

I’m sorry but we did not get the images in your attached doc file. Can you send the text of the error your are receiving and zip up the images and attache them?

Thanks,

Shawn…

It is not clear to me what you are requesting .

text message I recieved is attached

Are there any solutions for this question?

I made a similiar query here and do not have this issue. I would recomment the following:

1. Go to your ODBC manager and turn on trace. Execute the query and look in the trace log. It usually is pretty detailed and sometimes you will find useful data that ends up being displayed by this general error.

2. Hopefully you are using an Oracle Client. If so, use the Advanced tab of your Toad Oracle connection and set the ODBC driver to use the ODBC driver bundled with your Oracle client.

It appears to be some kind of configuraiton issue. See if one of these offer up a solution.

Debbie

Can you point me to ODBC manager?

This is what I am trying to do using TDA 2.5:

1- Created access connection"CCAR_data"
2- Copy the CARR_data table into Oracle connection.
3- PS see my attached doc.

Thanks Debbie for you help!

A.
copy table from access connection into oracle.docx (135 KB)

You can access the ODBC manager from a button on the right in the connection properties. From there use the trace tab and set up the logs and start the trace. Make sure to turn it off as it will create a huge log after awhile.

The doc you showed is something different. When you are using a cross-platform SQL or connecting to Access you must use ANSI standard syntax. The create table as select is not supported. The easiest way to do this is to do a create like using the Object Palette and then export and import the data.

Debbie
ODBCTrace.png

You can access the ODBC manager from a button on the right in the connection properties. From there use the trace tab and set up the logs and start the trace. Make sure to turn it off as it will create a huge log after awhile.

The doc you showed is something different. When you are using a cross-platform SQL or connecting to Access you must use ANSI standard syntax. The create table as select is not supported. The easiest way to do this is to do a create like using the Object Palette and then export and import the data.

Debbie