Last item in drop down list not selectable

Good afternoon TOAD team,

I know I have seen this in the past and it has been corrected in the past. (This site found the old bug in beta 14.2.102.1066, but named queries did not exist bask then, must of been named filters) I am using the latest beta TOAD. I have several queries named in the schema browser. The query on the bottom is not selectable; when you pick it nothing happens.

Larry

Hi Larry,

I don't know why this sometimes happens. I am not able to reproduce it. :frowning:

-John

Good afternoon John,

Yes, sometimes does not happen, only when I need the last query. Then available on schema where I do not need it. Bug in Production 16.3, too.

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

I added 8 queries, turned on the same dark mode as you, tried it from favorites. All of my queries worked, including the last one.

I'll be happy to try it with your settings if you send me your file.

It's in the folder User Files\Databases\(database shown in your screen shot)
The file is LWICKL_TableFilters.XML

Please send me a script to create an empty ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG table too. I don't need indexes or triggers or anything. Just the "create table" statement.

Good morning John,

Toad for Oracle Xpert (64-bit) (Multiple Keys Active)

Add-Ons: DB Admin Module

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG create table.sql (1.25 KB)

ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG test data.sql (115 KB)

(Attachment LWICKL_TableFilters.XML is missing)

Good morning John,

Did you get the full email to your work account? Interesting cuts in the post here.

Larry

Got it, thanks.

Hi Larry,

I got your file loaded in my DB and I can reproduce it. Looks like it is caused by duplicate query names in there. There is "Next test pass time" and " Next test pass time " (with leading and trailing spaces)

For this file that you send me, you can fix it by searching for 'Next test pass time' . If there leading or trailing spaces, replace with 'Next test pass time duplicate'. I noticed that sometimes there are leading and trailing spaces, and sometimes there are just leading spaces.

I'll fix the GUI so that it trims them out and prevents duplicates. Edit: I'll fix in 17.1 (see my last reply below)

-John

Good morning John,

That is my work around, when the last entry is not accessible, I add it to the list twice, so it is no longer last. The failure happened before the duplicate.

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

Update:

The problem occurs only when there is a trailing space in the name of the last item in the list. Trailing spaces are fine in other items in the list. Leading spaces are fine for any item in the list. Named Filter/Sort items are stored in the same file and they exhibit the same problem.

This will be fixed in 17.1.

1 Like

Thank you John!!

The spaces also prevent you from removing the query; the link at the bottom of the list.

Removing the spaces while TOAD is closed fixes the issue when TOAD is restarted.

image001.png

image002.png

image003.png

image004.png

Yes, I noticed that too. That will be fixed as well.

And, related - the first item in the list will be unselectable if it contains leading spaces.