Toad World® Forums

Latest Client Version for Toad Version 9.7.2.5


#1

Hi … I am using Toad Version 9.7.2.5 and trying to connect to Oracle 10g
Database.

I get following warning.

What I have to do to resolve this ?

Is it as simple as downloading latest Client Version and istalling it ?

If yes please share the link.

Regards,

Shiva

image001.jpeg
Outlook.jpeg


#2

If you read the metalink doc referenced you will see that Oracle no longer
universally supports the client version you are using with the database version
you are using. For example some of the new data types in 10G cannot be handled
by a 9.7 client. So either ignore and work at your own peril or upgrade your
Oracle client to 10.2.0.5 at a min.
Outlook.jpeg


#3

From one of my toad tips and tricks power point presentations – although
this is an old copy not showing 11g R2. You are using an 8i client which I NOT
supported by Oracle for working with anything anymore.


#4

From one of my toad tips and tricks power point presentations – although
this is an old copy not showing 11g R2. You are using an 8i client which I NOT
supported by Oracle for working with anything anymore.
Outlook.jpeg


#5

Hi … I Installed Oracle10g Client but when I login I get following message.

How do I fix it ?

Regards,

Shiva
Outlook.jpeg


#6

Hi … I Installed Oracle10g Client but when I login I get following message.

How do I fix it ?

Regards,

Shiva
Outlook.jpeg


#7

Hi … I Installed Oracle10g Client but when I login I get following message.

How do I fix it ?

Regards,

Shiva


#8

First, I’d suggest logging in through SQL Plus to see if you get the same
error. If you do, then you might very well have to bring the error to the
attention of your friendly neighborhood DBA. Or your desktop support staff.

From Oracle’s document on the error:

“ Either an attempt was made to issue an ALTER SESSION command with an
invalid NLS parameter or value; or the environment variable(s) NLS_LANG,
ORA_NLSxx, or ORACLE_HOME was incorrectly specified, therefore the NLS data
files cannot be located. ”

To resolve:

“ Check the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command and the NLS parameter,
correct the syntax and retry the statement, or specify the correct directory
path/values in the environment variables. ”

So… based on that, a couple possibilities I can think of off the top of my
head (limited as I don’t deal with multiple character sets so I could
really be out to lunch on this one).
Outlook.jpeg


#9

Thanks Roger for your inputs.

But this is what I did yesterday …

I went to registery and saw that there was a string NLS_LANG which had a value
NA.

I just deleted that entry and it worked for me.

Hope it does not create any new issues.

Regards,

Shiva
Outlook.jpeg