LOB Segments

Hi all,

I thought previous versions of Toad allowed me to see the name of the
corresponding LOB column of a LOBSEGMENT when viewing Objects in a
Tablespace (right click, properties ??).

Did I imagine that? If not, how do I see that information now
(10.5.1.3)? If I did imagine it, is it possible to request that as an
enhancement - either as a tooltip or via some right click option.

Thanks,

Steve

Any ideas on this?

Thanks,

Steve

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Steve Baldwin
wrote:

Hi all,

I thought previous versions of Toad allowed me to see the name of the
corresponding LOB column of a LOBSEGMENT when viewing Objects in a

Did I imagine that? If not, how do I see that information now
(10.5.1.3)? If I did imagine it, is it possible to request that as an
enhancement - either as a tooltip or via some right click option.

Thanks,

Steve

Morning Steve,

Any ideas on this?
I did reply, but I've been missing a few messages recently, I thought it
had vanished as well.

I thought previous versions of Toad allowed me to see the
name of the corresponding LOB column of a LOBSEGMENT when viewing
Objects in a
Not that I can remember, sorry. However, my caveat is that I don't
actually use the "objects in a tablespace" feature very often.

I did try on a system here with LOBs and it doesn't appear to show what
you are after, no matter where I right click etc.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Go to Tablespace -> Objects. F4 on a LOBSEGMENT row and it should find the
corresponding table/column in an F4 dialog.

Go to Tablespace -> Objects. F4 on a LOBSEGMENT row and it
should find the corresponding table/column in an F4 dialog.

It's on Ask Toad now:

longs_to

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

That works great. Thanks John.

Steve

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:22 AM, John Dorlon wrote:

Go to Tablespace -> Objects.   F4 on a LOBSEGMENT row and it should find
the corresponding table/column in an F4 dialog.