Local Storage Query Error

I have two tables (local storage) and I am trying to get all the rows from tblLendables even if there are no corresponding records in tblOnloan. Normally I would just double click the join and click “select all rows from tblLendables”, however, when I do that I get the following error…

Error:10/21/2011 11:57:13 AM 0:00:00.009: Local Storage Database Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your Local Storage server version for the right syntax to use near ‘) = tblOnloan.InstrumentID)
AND (tblLendables.DataDate(+) = tblOnloa’ at line 19

SQL Snippet
WHERE (tblLendables.DataDate = ‘2011-10-19 00:00:00’)
AND ( tblLendables.InstrumentID(+) = tblOnloan.InstrumentID)
AND (tblLendables.DataDate(+) = tblOnloan.DataDate)

Any thoughts?

There is an ANSI Join button on the Query Builder toolbar that changes the join syntax. If appears to not be visible when connected to local storage. It is a sticky button and retains your last preference.

As a work around, connect to another database (preferably Oracle or SQL Server) and open up the Query Builder. Drop a table on and choose a column. You will see the ANSI join button on the tool bar. See screenshot. Press it to switch to Left/Right Outer Join syntax. Then go back to local storage Query Builder. It should not use the new syntax.

I’ll make a CR to make this button visuable on this connection.

Debbie
AnsiSQL.png

I had to start from scratch again with query, however, it did change the join types. Another issue I have found with TDA 3 PRO, is if you go into help and do some searches/read some topics, then X out of help, TDA crashes. I do not have an error message for you because my Visual Studio debugger comes up. If you can’t recreate the error I can try and get some kind of error code.

I have not seen this help error. Can you find a set of steps that reproduce the crash? Or does it happen for you every time?

Debbie

This happens whenever I launch and use help (I am running windows 7 64 bit and TDA 3.0 PRO)

These steps will cause TDA crash on my PC
Press F1
Select Index tab, search for anything
Randomly select multiple topics to read
Click “x” to close, after 10 seconds I get the Visual Studio Debugger and TDA closes

Errors
“An unhandled win32 exception occurred in toad.exe [8964]”
“Unhandled exception at 0x5421cd4c in toad.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.”
“Unhandled exception at 0x7776158e in toad.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation.”

I tried this on my win 7 64 0 bit and did not get this issue. I will ask our QA to try this and see if we can reproduce. If I can get it to reproduce somewhere we can fix.

Debbie

Sounds good, let me know if you need additional information to reproduce the error. Thanks for you help.

Message was edited by: Dave - Stt