Toad World® Forums

Master Detail Browser issue

I’ve the following problems with MD:

• fixed columns not applicable after saving and reloading a configuration files

• reset columns doesn’t restore the original column list and order as it was configured in the dataset

Thanks,

T.

And one more: I’ve a user-defined query in the detail block. If I click on the funnel icon, and choose “Filter by current value”, the statement is changed from the original one (I lose my WHERE condition).

If I click the funnel icon and choose Clear Filter, the relation is broken between the master and the detail block (no record display at all on detail window; refresh grid button doesn’t reload the content of the grid)

T.

Can someone confirm these issues?

I have been busy with some other stuff and haven’t gotten to this yet (I am probably going out of order, I know, sorry about that). I haven’t forgotten about this though and I will get to it soon.

fixed columns not applicable after saving and reloading a configuration files

True, the grid settings are not included in the .MD files, just master-detail relationships

reset columns doesn’t restore the original column list

This one seems to work fine for me… can you provide some specifics?

user-defined query in the detail block. If I click on the funnel icon…the statement is changed from the original one

Yes, the Filter/sort dialog is not aware of what you do in 'View/Edit" query. I would stick to one or the other

If I click the funnel icon and choose Clear Filter, the relation is broken between the master and the detail block

I couldn’t reproduce this one either. Was this after the funnel/view/edit problem or can you reproduce this separately?

reset columns…

I fixed a column to the left side of the grid, then hid a column accidentally by dragging its header. I tried to restore original column list but the function didn’t do anything on the grid. The only solution was to reload the master detail config file.

If I click the funnel …

On the detail panel I click on a column and press the drop-down on the funnel icon, choose “Filter … current value”. The content of the grid reduced to the applied filter. That’s OK.

Then I choose “Clear filter” on the drop down list, but the grid become empty and however I change the master record, the detail panel remains empty all the time.

Sorry for the delay on this one.

For the reset, you can click the “show/hide visible columns” button in the top left corner of the grid to bring the columns back.

The “Clear Filter” problem is fixed for the next beta.

John,

Data grid|Reset columns not just aligns the column size but also restores the original column order and column list in any other data grid. Does it works in a different way in Master-Detail Browser?

No, it’s the same mechanism - I just retested and can’t reproduce it.

I just “Fixed” one column, then drug another one out of the grid to hide it, and then rt-clicked to restore. Not that it should matter, but I tried that on the master grid and a detail grid. Did I miss any steps?

It seems using Reset columns doesn’t have any effect on my data grids. I fixed a column, hid 3 others and resized a VARCHAR2(4000) column to minimal size. I tried it in master and also in detail panels.

I’m using the latest beta.

I think I will send you some sample data and the md config offline, so you can investigate my issue.

Thanks.

Hm, you know, one difference between what we were doing is that I wasn’t using a .md file - just going into MD browser and playing with grids.

I mis-spoke earlier - it seems we ** do** save the grid settings in the .MD files, and somehow that is preventing the “restore columns” from doing anything. No need to send me anything. I’ll take a closer look at this today to get the “restore” to work. In the meantime, I noticed that the "“Refresh” toolbar button has the effect of resetting the grid - but that will also include all of the detail grids under it.

OK, “Reset Columns” is fixed for next beta. In addition, the .MD files will remember if you have “fixed” a column, and will restore them that way.

Thanks.