Messages Panel and mouse over

Mouse over Messages panel doesn’t show the current compilation error in a hint

even if mouse cursor over the [Error] line.

This function works in the current GA.

Tamas

What were you doing to generate the error? If you click in the messages panel first to give it focus does it display then? How about on the main Toad status bar, do you see the message printed there? Here is my super simple test.

begin

end;

/

Execute with F9 and ORA-06550 is generated. Mousing over it displays the hint for me.

Michael

I’m modifying a package body and I have several errors in the source code when I press F9. The errors can be found in the Message panel, but hint is only visible in case of positioning the mouse cursor over the selected row. The 11.6 GA version shows the complete error message in a hint when you point the mouse cursor anywhere over the Message Panel.

t.

Michael,

Would you check it again, please? This is still an issue and I like this feature during code editing.

Thanks.

T.

I will look at this and your other issue tomorrow. I've been on some higher priority issues recently.

On May 16, 2013, at 5:18 PM, "drbubo20" bounce-urbantamas@beta.toadworld.com wrote:

Michael,

Would you check it again, please? This is still an issue and I like this feature during code editing.

Thanks.

T.

I see what you mean and I’ve reviewed the change log comments of the affected file. The change is intentional and the current behavior is arguably more correct.
The hint applies to the error so mousing over the error displays it. If you have multiple errors you’ll need to mouse over each one to see the hint. The old behavior was assigning the line item hint to the entire control. There was a bug where doing so would
leave the hint in place after errors have been resolved and the message panel cleared.

From: drbubo20 [mailto:bounce-urbantamas@beta.toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:18 PM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Messages Panel and mouse over

Michael,

Thanks.

T.