Migrate Settings to New PC

Editing this post:

I was able to export connections, but can I export my preferences and options such as the fonts I use, the number of result set tabs I get, etc?

I currently use Toad Data Point on two different PCs. One is a laptop for adhoc / report development, the other is a desktop PC that manages all of my automation. Is there a way for me to import all of my connections and settings from one PC to another? I currently use a combination of 6 database connections and thought it would be easier to migrate settings somehow.

Hi Tony,

Try this:

support.quest.com/…/45884

The configuration files of Toad is stored under:

Windows XP:

‘C:\Documents and Settings<user name>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Point X.X’ folder.

OR

Windows Vista / 7:

‘C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Data Point X.X’

Note: Some of these sub folders may be hidden, and if so, change your Windows Explorer settings in order to view them.

From the above folder, copy all XML files to the new machine. These files keep user settings and connection information. There will also some sub-folders in the above folder that store possible user files, such SQL Recall or Projects. If so such files should be copied over as well.

Copying the whole ‘Toad for Data Point X.X’ folder from the old PC and replacing the existing folder in the new PC is also possible.

NOTE: It is advised not to perform the above if the Toad version difference is more than 2 version release difference.

The configuration files of Toad is stored under:

Windows XP:

‘C:\Documents and Settings<user name>\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad for Data Point X.X’ folder.

OR

Windows Vista / 7:

‘C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Data Point X.X’

Note: Some of these sub folders may be hidden, and if so, change your Windows Explorer settings in order to view them.

From the above folder, copy all XML files to the new machine. These files keep user settings and connection information. There will also some sub-folders in the above folder that store possible user files, such SQL Recall or Projects. If so such files should be copied over as well.

Copying the whole ‘Toad for Data Point X.X’ folder from the old PC and replacing the existing folder in the new PC is also possible.

NOTE: It is advised not to perform the above if the Toad version difference is more than 2 version release difference.

This was great, thank you. The only thing it didn’t do was move over some preferences I had on font size and the DB2 default SQL language, but those are not game changers for me. Thank you.