Model Update Issue

As you can see in the TDM screen print attached, The differences show two fields missing from the RELALG.ALGORITHM table in the source (Oracle) when compared to the destination (TDM Model). As can be see in the table definition from Toad attached for RELALG.ALGORITHM, the two fields, DEFAULT_SYMBOL and SYMBOL_NAME do exist (page 2 of pdf). Is there a way to determine why the comparison is wrong?

Thanks,
Dave Reed

table_algorithm.pdf (62.1 KB)

Hi,

I don’t see any reason why TDM might reverse engineer all the columns except the two. Please try to do full reverse engineering and let me know if the table was reverse engineered correctly.

Regards,

Vaclav

Vaclav:

Sorry about not replying sooner. I Reverse Engineered the schema and the fields were OK, but still when I do a Model Update the two fields are missing. This is not a good situation. I lose all the time I spent formatting this large schema by using RE. I know I could uncheck the changes so that they are not applied, but I want to pass the work onto an engineering aide. To do that I just want him to apply the changes with minimal input. What else can I do to track the problem?

Thanks,
Dave Reed

Hi Dave,

there seems to be something strange. When you do RE, you see the columns. When you use Model Update, the columns are missing. Please make sure you work with the same database, use identical settings… In fact, Model Update is nothing else then RE behind the scenes. It should work the same way.

BTW: when you do RE, new model is created. You can take the newly craeted model and merge it with original. In settings you can uncheck all Workspace items - in that case, the layout in original model will be preserved and only new objects will be added there, missing objects will be deleted and modified items will appear in the model.

I hope it helps,

Vaclav