Moving schema logon records to another DB instance

Toad for Oracle Base (32-bit)

Unless I'm mistaken, there doesn't seem to be a way to move multiple schema logon records to another database instance.

E.g. I have 20 logon records for schemas on instance DEV1. In light of the growing burden on DEV1, our DBA has moved these to DEV2, maintaining everything including passwords. If I select the 20 schemas on the schema login page and select "Edit selected schema records", there is no option for me to change the Database name, even though they currently share the same DB instance. This seems a considerable flaw in the "Edit selected schema records" form.

My company hosts hundreds of schemas on many instances, we regularly have to move groups of schemas to other instances. Having to edit each login is beyond cumbersome.

Regards
Paul

That flow could be improved upon. You can do it manually by closing Toad and modifying Connections.xml in a text editor. Its default location is %APPDATA%\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\16.3\User Files\Connections.xml. The exact path to your application files is listed in Options on the Files and Folders | App Folders page. See the Application data directory setting. Search Connections.xml for the Server tags and change the ones of interest.

1 Like