Hopefully this is not a duplicate as I did a search and didn’t find anything relevant to the issue I’m encountering.
I’m using Toad Data Modeler 220.127.116.11 and I’m trying to use the Naming Conventions feature to generate physical names from logical names. It seems that if I create a rule to replace a space (" “) with an underscore (”_") in the Character Replacement glossaries section that this rule gets applied prior to the the rules defined in the Word Replacement glossaries section. This means that I can’t replace words with abbreviations and also replace spaces with underscores. As a workaround, I tried doing the space replacement in the Word Replacement glossary but that rule is ignored. Oddly enough, a similar rule replacing the letter “S” with the letter “W” works fine. One other issue with the Word Replacement glossary is that it doesn’t seem to replace multible words. For example, I tried defining a rule to replace the words “SURROGATE KEY” with “SK” but the replacement wasn’t applied.
Please let me know if I’m missing something or if I might have make an error in how I’m using the feature.