Nav 6.3 Code Editor horizontal scroll bar

Hi

I have just upgraded from Nav 6.2.1 to 6.3.

There seems to be some buggy behaviour with the horizontal scrollbar in the Code Editor screen. The scroll bar either does not show or sometimes shows but does not let you scroll the entire width of the code.

I have attached an image to show an example where the code runs off the right hand side of the screen but no scroll bar is available to scroll and see it.

You can use the arrow keys to navigate to the end of the text but it is a pain.

I assume this is not a new preference setting as it would seem odd to have a preference to remove the scroll bar.

Regards,
Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your note.

It is is a known issue and we have added to the list of issues for 6.3 -
http://sqlnavigator.inside.quest.com/entry.jspa?externalID=314&categoryID=123

We will get it fixed in the next release 6.4 for you.

Thanks and regards,

Bruce

Message was edited by: bruceduong

Hi Bruce

Thanks for replying so quickly. I think we will have to wait for 6.4 as this will be a bit of a show stopper for us.

Is there a rough time frame for the 6.4 release?

Regards,
Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

v6.4 is currently target for early Oct.

Would work for you and your team, if we provide you the fix in the first 6.4 Beta build that will be availble in about 2 weeks from now.

Please let us know.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce

Hi Bruce

We are in no particular rush to upgrade, so October would be fine by us.

We were just interested in using some of the new features like the Code Tester integration, as we already have Code Tester installed separately. Also there are a few other nice-to-have bug fixes in 6.3.

Perhaps we will try to get involved in some beta testing too for 6.4 so we can try out some of these issues earlier.

Thanks,
Adrian.

Thank you Adrian.

We would love to have you onboard with the Beta program, and we are looking forward to getting more feedback from you and your team.

Thanks and regards,
Bruce