New Editor Component

I mean the cursor position moves after the last word of the line if you do the undo operation.

If you try it in PsPad it works in a different way. Cursor remains in that position where you begin the Paste operation. But I see Toad 12.6 is working the same as the current beta. I think it depends on the edit control.

t.

Michael,

Reading your reply regarding to Ctrl+Home issue I checked my EditorShortcuts.xml file in my User Files and I see the following interest situation:

– I think this should be Word delete rigth

Ctrl+Del

– I think this should be Code assist

Ctrl+TCtrl+Del

Do you think this is the reason the lack of delete a word with Ctrl+Del keys? If yes, what can be the reason this shortcut key exists twice in my config file?

T.

That's from earlier code. If you've not made any customizations to shortcuts you can just nuke that file with Toad closed to get the defaults again which doesn't have that.

Michael

On 03/09/2015 04:35 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

RE: New Editor Component

Reply by drbubo20
Michael,

Reading your reply regarding to Ctrl+Home issue I checked my EditorShortcuts.xml file in my User Files and I see the following interest situation:

-- I think this should be Word delete rigth

Ctrl+Del

-- I think this should be Code assist

Ctrl+TCtrl+Del

Do you think this is the reason the lack of delete a word with Ctrl+Del keys? If yes, what can be the reason this shortcut key exists twice in my config file?

T.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

But I made some customizations for a couple of functions. Could it relate to my Ctrl+Del issue because I really miss this feature from my Editor component?

Could it relate to my Ctrl+Del issue

Probably. Change the command=110 one to...

<SHORTCUT/>

On 03/09/2015 05:04 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20
But I made some customizations for a couple of functions. Could it relate to my Ctrl+Del issue because I really miss this feature from my Editor component?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

To be 100% safe I'd nuke that file and make your customizations again if there aren't many. When fixing bugs affecting editor config files in this beta cycle I fixed them so the glitch couldn't occur again, but I put no code in to repair the corruption. Since
upgrading 12.6 users won't experience these beta-only hiccups I decided to not clutter the code with hidden ini flags and the like to know what has and has not yet been repaired. In an email several weeks ago I had mentioned that EditorStyles.xml was corrupt
and should be deleted to get the new defaults. It was apparent in several sets of user files I received that the file wasn't being deleted by all so I had to rename it to EditorLexers.xml to force reset everyone. I didn't do anything like this for EditorShortcuts.xml.
Looking at the code I think that the key binding you found is the only one to have changed until the recent Home command change mentioned earlier.

Michael

On 03/09/2015 05:04 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

OK, that was the problem. After modify the value for command110 in xml config, the Ctrl+Del works as ‘Delete words from right’ again in the Editor.

I’m just wondering how this Ctrl+Del shortcut being duplicated in my config…

Thanks again!

T.

I'm just wondering how this Ctrl+Del shortcut being duplicated in my config...

It was in there at the beginning of the beta cycle, but due to conflict with other editor command and the existing shortcut mapping structure in Toad it was both erroneous and unnecessary. The command still exists in the editor, but it is not mapped to anything
because it's handled by existing Toad code.

Michael

On 03/09/2015 05:29 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20
OK, that was the problem. After modify the value for command110 in xml config, the Ctrl+Del works as 'Delete words from right' again in the Editor.

I'm just wondering how this Ctrl+Del shortcut being duplicated in my config...

Thanks again!

T.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Sorry, I got it.

I’m just typing my previous reply and I haven’t read your comment you post at 10:24pm.