New Editor Component

Hello,

I’ve some issues in the new Editor component:

• Ctrl+END picks up Code Insight instead of delete a word from right

• load a script file in Editor: Ctrl+click on a variable doesn’t navigate to its definition

• q’ operator doesn’t treat the quoted string properly

• does the new Editor component have a Toadfold (/startfold;endfold/) function like it was in prevoius versions?

• load 2 scripts from files in the Editor. Ctrl+click on a variable name in file ‘B’ doesn’t preserve the current tab, navigates the cursor to the declaration of the same variable in file ‘A’. I was able to reproduce this also in the GA version.

T.

Ctrl+END picks up Code Insight instead of delete a word from right

By default CTRL+End should go to the end of the document. Have you modified your key bindings? Look for conflicts in Options|Toolbars/Menus|Shortcuts. Zip and send me your User Files prior to changing anything and I'll take a look. michael.staszewskiquest.com Also, what kind of keyboard do you have? Do you have a dedicated END key or is this a laptop or other keyboard where it serves another purpose via function key? If so, what other purpose?

load a script file in Editor: Ctrl+click on a variable doesn't navigate to its definition

I see this too. Will look.

q' operator doesn't treat the quoted string properly

How so? This is what I see.

does the new Editor component have a Toadfold (/startfold;endfold/) function like it was in prevoius versions?

Yes.

Ctrl+click on a variable name in file 'B' doesn't preserve the current tab, navigates the cursor to the declaration of the same variable in file 'A'

I see this too.

If you're seeing anything different than the above I recommend verifying that you have version 3.5.0.3 of SciLexer.dll in your installation folder and that you delete your editor configuration files. There have been many bug fixes in recent weeks and some directly affect the configuration files. These will be all Editor*.xml files in your User Files folder.

Michael

On 01/22/2015 11:33 AM, drbubo20 wrote:

New Editor Component

Thread created by drbubo20
Hello,

I've some issues in the new Editor component:

• load a script file in Editor: Ctrl+click on a variable doesn't navigate to its definition
  • q' operator doesn't treat the quoted string properly
  • does the new Editor component have a Toadfold (/startfold;endfold/) function like it was in prevoius versions?
  • load 2 scripts from files in the Editor. Ctrl+click on a variable name in file 'B' doesn't preserve the current tab, navigates the cursor to the declaration of the same variable in file 'A'. I was able to reproduce this also in the GA version.

T.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

Sorry, I made a mistake, I should write Ctrl+Del.

CTRL+Delete issue fixed for next beta. If there are still outstanding issues with Q operator and startfold/endfold let me know.

On 01/22/2015 02:00 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

RE: New Editor Component

Reply by drbubo20
Michael,

Sorry, I made a mistake, I should write Ctrl+Del.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I send you an email offline about q operator.

Got it and I can reproduce with multi-line Q operator.

Thanks,

Michael

On 01/22/2015 03:01 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20
I send you an email offline about q operator.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

q' operator doesn't treat the quoted string properly

Thanks for the examples. This is fixed for next beta.

does the new Editor component have a Toadfold (/startfold;endfold/) function like it was in prevoius versions?

Based on your screenshot these were not working because of the q' operator extending over its range. Your folding regions should be OK next beta too.

Michael

On 01/22/2015 11:33 AM, drbubo20 wrote:

New Editor Component

Thread created by drbubo20
Hello,

I've some issues in the new Editor component:

• load a script file in Editor: Ctrl+click on a variable doesn't navigate to its definition
  • q' operator doesn't treat the quoted string properly
  • load 2 scripts from files in the Editor. Ctrl+click on a variable name in file 'B' doesn't preserve the current tab, navigates the cursor to the declaration of the same variable in file 'A'. I was able to reproduce this also in the
    GA version.

T.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

Ctrl+Del still doesn’t work in the most current beta (.41). Would you kind to check this?

Thanks.

I've tried a Hungarian keyboard as well as the Hungarian 101-key and cannot reproduce. I'm using a standard English keyboard and have added the Hungarian keyboards in Region and Language settings. I've also tried using the Windows On-Screen Keyboard with the
same results. Is the "Word delete right" command properly mapped and free of conflict in Options|Toolbars/Menus|Shortcuts?

On 02/11/2015 04:45 AM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20
Michael,

Ctrl+Del still doesn't work in the most current beta (.41). Would you kind to check this?

Thanks.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

This is the shortcut for me, also. See the attached picture.

It doesn’t matter trying to use left or right ctrl.
pic01.png

I don’t want to start a new discussion in Editor topic, so I continue at here:

• unable to scroll down Editor when reach end of file/content (to be able to display the last line on the top)

• after collapse a startfold/endfold and point the mouse over it, Toad displays the hint in wrong position, some of the text has been cut.

• unable to scroll down...

The "Scroll past last line" option has been restored for next beta, defaulting to checked as it was in the past.

• after collapse a startfold/endfold...

Can you post a screenshot of what you see? Here's what I'm seeing. The hint is centered at mouse position and all of my text is visible.

On 02/13/2015 05:06 PM, drbubo20 wrote:

Reply by drbubo20
I don't want to start a new discussion in Editor topic, so I continue at here:

• unable to scroll down Editor when reach end of file/content (to be able to display the last line on the top)
  • after collapse a startfold/endfold and point the mouse over it, Toad displays the hint in wrong position, some of the text has been cut.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hide the navigator with F2 and the hint is not fully visible in that situation.

Michael,

I also miss “Additional word characters” option from the New Editor. My char set was “-_” in Toad 12.6, and now I am unable to select words with “-” signs with double click on it.

Tamas

In days long gone there was only the option to treat underscore as word char. In an effort to reduce clutter I went back to that thinking additional word chars
wasn’t being set to anything other than underscore. Additional word chars edit has been restored for next beta.

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 8:45 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] New Editor Component

Reply by drbubo20

Michael,

I also miss “Additional word characters” option from the New Editor. My char set was “-_” in Toad 12.6, and now I am unable to select words with “-” signs with double click on it.

Tamas

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I am unable to paste the content of clipboard to a specified position, which is beyond end of line. Text is appended to the end of current line.

Options|Editor|Behavior|Cursor beyond end of line is checked for me.

Fixed for next beta.

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 4:05 AM

Reply by drbubo20

I am unable to paste the content of clipboard to a specified position, which is beyond end of line. Text is appended to the end of current line.

Options|Editor|Behavior|Cursor beyond end of line is checked for me.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This is fixed for next beta.

Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 5:51 AM

Reply by drbubo20

Hide the navigator with F2 and the hint is not fully visible in that situation.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Michael,

I am unable to paste the content of clipboard...

This is fixed in the latest beta, but when you right click beyond end of line and try to paste with right click menu |Paste then cursor moves to the end of current line.

When I undo the Paste operation (with alt+Backspace) then cursor also moves to the end of line.

Ø
when you right click beyond end of line and try to paste with right click menu |Paste then cursor moves to the end of current line.

The behavior here is very squirrely. Sometimes it will retain the caret position. I've been able to get it to stick if I left click first to move the caret and
then right click exactly on the caret and while it's in the showing state while blinking or something like that. This is a quirk/bug of the edit control. I tried in another application using the same component (Notepad++) and the behavior is the same. I'll
log a bug to revisit this when I have time, but as a workaround you can paste using the clipboard and it works as expected.

Ø
When I undo the Paste operation (with alt+Backspace) then cursor also moves to the end of line.

I'm not following you here. Is it fallout from the above issue? Try pasting with keyboard and then perform the undo. Does it work as expected? If so it's probably
the same issue.

Michael

Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 10:29 AM

Reply by drbubo20

Michael,

I am unable to paste the content of clipboard...

This is fixed in the latest beta, but when you right click beyond end of line and try to paste with right click menu |Paste then cursor moves to the end of current line.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.