No copy in compare overview

Until the last version could be copied text line out from the compare overview of packages source code .
In the current version that is no longer.
This is very annoying and reduces the benefits extrerm.

Why this was done?

Hi Stefan,

I’m not sure I understand what you’re seeing. You should be able to copy a source line from either the left or right-hand sides of the compare window by pressing Ctrl+C. They seem to be working fine here.

Multi-line copy is not currently enabled by default since both the left and right-hand sides may have line gaps where the difference tool sees lines as being added or deleted from one side. However, you can still work around this and copy multiple lines by clicking the “Enable Merge” button in the toolbar.

The left-hand side’s source in its original format will then be visible in the “Merged Source” window below the comparison. Multi-line copy is enabled there since the source is in its original format. If you want to copy multiple-lines from the right-hand side’s source, simply press the “Switch Sides” toolbutton in the toolbar (next to the “Enable Merge” toolbutton).

-John

From: stefan.graf [mailto:bounce-stefangraf@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 2:51 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] No copy in compare overview

No copy in compare overview

Thread created by stefan.graf

Until the last version could be copied text line out from the compare overview of packages source code .

In the current version that is no longer.

This is very annoying and reduces the benefits extrerm.

Why this was done?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hello,

I have checked it. In this view, I can not select anything and Ctrl-C also copy anything to the clipboard. In the previous version - 12.8 - could select several rows and then appeared in the dialog could choose whether they wanted to copy from left or right. This dialog appears in the current version - 12.9.0.71 - not.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stefan Graf

Prokurist

common solutions GmbH & Co. KG

Telefon: +49 234 5885 – 2821

Fax: +49 234 5885 – 222821

www.levitaio.de

www.storelogix.de

www.common-solutions.de

common solutions GmbH & Co. KG, Wasserstrasse 223, D-44799 Bochum, Germany

Amtsgericht Bochum HRA 4381 - Geschäftsführer: Roger Kirchhoff, Patrick Zimmermann - Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: common solutions Verwaltungs-GmbH, Wasserstr. 223, D-44799 Bochum - Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 7443

Von: John Bowman [mailto:bounce-jbowman@toadworld.com]

Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Juni 2016 17:46

An: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Betreff: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] No copy in compare overview

RE: No copy in compare overview

Reply by John Bowman

Hi Stefan,

I’m not sure I understand what you’re seeing. You should be able to copy a source line from either the left or right-hand sides of the compare window by pressing Ctrl+C. They seem to be working fine here.

Multi-line copy is not currently enabled by default since both the left and right-hand sides may have line gaps where the difference tool sees lines as being added or deleted from one side. However, you can still work around this and copy multiple lines by clicking the “Enable Merge” button in the toolbar.

The left-hand side’s source in its original format will then be visible in the “Merged Source” window below the comparison. Multi-line copy is enabled there since the source is in its original format. If you want to copy multiple-lines from the right-hand side’s source, simply press the “Switch Sides” toolbutton in the toolbar (next to the “Enable Merge” toolbutton).

-John

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Stefan,

Ctrl+C should work for copying single lines to the clipboard. If it isn't, I suspect there's something on your computer preventing that Ctrl+C from happening outside of Toad.

As for copying left-to-right, or right-to-left: the new diff/merge component works differently than the old on in that regard. Take the following example, using the compare function in Toad 12.8:

The comparison tool incorrectly aligns the assignment of tmpVar. As a result, if you copy the first line from the right to the left, you'll have two tmpVar assignments in the LHS's source. If you copy the first line from the left to the right, you'll have no tmpVar assignment. And if you copy both lines from the left to the right, you'll have the wrong value assigned to tmpVar (if you wanted to keep the value: "5"). Since there's no way to edit the text in this comparison window, there's no easy way to merge the differences together.

In Toad 12.9, the same mismatch is shown between the two sides, as can be seen here:

however, copying from the left side to the right, or from the right side to the left, would produce a similar problem. To solve this, the window has a merged view, which can be accessed by clicking the "Enable Merge" button 5658.btn_merge.jpeg in the toolbar. Clicking this button switches the dialog into a mode where source differences can easily be merged:

To select a line from the compare, click on the diamond next to the line you want to keep. That line will be copied to the source in the "Merged Source" window. The "Merged Source" window is freely editable, so you can make any custom changes as well (something you couldn't do with the old compare window). The "Merged Source" window will always reflect the left-hand-side's original source; so if you want to base your merged source off the right-hand-side, click the "Switch Sides" button4111.btn_Switch.jpeg.

Once you've merged your source, you can either save it with the Save button, or copy it to the clipboard with Ctrl+C to paste into the editor.

-John

Hello,

after a restart of my system, I can copy one line, but after a certain time I get always this error after

In all other application the clipboard works normal. Also in TOAD 12.8.

In the previous version I can mark a entire block an copy it to the clipboard. This was very usefull for me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stefan Graf

Prokurist

www.levitaio.de

www.storelogix.de

www.common-solutions.de

Amtsgericht Bochum HRA 4381 - Geschäftsführer: Roger Kirchhoff, Patrick Zimmermann - Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: common solutions Verwaltungs-GmbH, Wasserstr. 223, D-44799 Bochum - Amtsgericht Bochum HRB 7443

Reply by John Bowman

Hi Stefan,

-John

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

If you disable the Copy text in RTF option on the Editor|Behavior options page then you'll be OK.

On Jun 24, 2016, at 5:28 PM, stefan.graf bounce-stefangraf@toadworld.com wrote:

Reply by stefan.graf
Hello,

after a restart of my system, I can copy one line, but after a certain time I get always this error after

In all other application the clipboard works normal. Also in TOAD 12.8.

In the previous version I can mark a entire block an copy it to the clipboard. This was very usefull for me.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Stefan Graf

Prokurist

www.levitaio.de

www.storelogix.de

www.common-solutions.de

Reply by John Bowman

Hi Stefan,

-John

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.