Not displaying all script results in Toad for Sql Server v7.2

I've been using Toad for Sql Server v6.8 and just installed v7.2.
I have a script that runs four queries. In v6.8, after running the script the Result Sets window shows results of all four queries. In v7.2, the same script only returns results of the first query. In Tools > Options > Database > Script Result, the Script Result Grouping is set to "All in one tab" and the "Enable all results view" box is checked. What am I missing?!?

Hi, do you think you might post the SELECT here so we can try? Have you got the queries separated?

It could be anything.

SELECT 1;

SELECT 2;

SELECT 3;

returns just the 1 in the Results window of v7.2 but returns all three (1, 2, 3) in my v6.8 copy.

Sorry, I was mistaken in that last post.

SELECT 1;
SELECT 2;
SELECT 3;
does return all three result sets in v7.2, as it should, but
SELECT 1 FROM DBO.TEMP;
SELECT 2 FROM DBO.TEMP;
SELECT 3 FROM DBO.TEMP;
(or any table) just returns results from the first query. In v6.8, both sets of code return all three result sets.

Thanks for pointing this out. We can reproduce in some cases. We haven't found the cause yet though.

1 Like

Hi,
we've opened a QAT-16201 to solve this. We haven't discovered any other providers than SQL Server so it is probably broken only for this one. Thanks for finding it though.

Well, on one hand I’m glad the problem wasn’t just something I was overlooking. On the other hand, it’s not just something I was overlooking. Thanks for opening a ticket, and I look forward to having this resolved.

Was this resolved?
I'm having the same issue on version 7.2.0.233

It doesn't appear to have been. I gave up and went back to 6.8, because that feature is too useful to me to do without.

I have a script that returns messages until one line (122 of 400), then the execution goes to sleep on the server waiting for a command, while TOAD respond "Execution Successful".
This script used to run on 6.6.