Not saving bug.

Found a major bug. I spent all day last friday on a model in toad, saved it, and shut down the computer. Got back to work just a few minutes ago only to find out that toad reverted back to a previous version of the model. Most of my work on Friday is now gone …

The model was saved on a network drive, if that helps.

There may be another explaination due to a confirmed bug … Is there a place to report bugs?

Anyhow …

Toad allows you to open the same model, many times, where as (imo), toad should only allow you to open the same model (file) once. If you make changes to one instance, it over-rides the file from other instances.

I know, in the past, the same model is opened more then once, one of the problems, is if you delete a workspace in one instance, it destroys the other instance as well …

Hello Shannara,

Thanks very much for raising this topic!

Toad allows you to open the same model many times.

Yes, that's right. TDM allows you to open the same model from the same file many times. In fact, this has been meant as a feature, not a bug. There are a lot of other programs with this behaviour, e.g. Toad Data Modeler 2 (CS2) or Delphi...

In any case, thanks again for pointing this out. We will further discuss this issue in our team. CR # 44 041.

Also, I'd like to encourage other TDM users to share their experience with this behaviour here. Thanks in advance for your remarks!

Regards,

Vladka

Message was edited by: vladka

It seems like Im posting only negative threads, I really dont mean to :frowning: Back on topic though … would it be possible to have a tick mark or option to have it so that toad will only open a file once? That way, people can have it either way they like? That would rule.

Hi Shannara,

It seems like Im posting only negative threads, I really dont mean to

It's perfectly O.K. We need to know what annoys you about the product, what you miss, what you like to change etc. Still tuning the software and want to make you a happy user. :slight_smile:

would it be possible to have a tick mark or option to have it so that toad will only open a file once? That way, people can have it either way they like?

Thanks for this suggestion. I've just added it to the existing CR # 44 041.
There are several options how to solve this problem. We'll try to find the most satisfactory solution.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Looking forward to hearing from you again. :wink:

Regards,

Vladka