Toad World® Forums

Notation Graphics Too Small

After schema RE and laying out the model, when I print the model to 11x17 paper with “fit to page”, the notation graphics, like the crow’s feet, are not legible. Is there a way to increase their size?

Thanks,
Dave Reed

Hi Dave,

I don’t know how many objects and how big diagram you wish to print. The more objects you have the smaller they can appear when “fit to page” option is used. (When you try to use fit to page and print the videorental sample to 11x17 paper then objects will be nicely visible and readable).

In any case, there is no way how to enlarge the graphics, incl. crow’s feet signs, keys etc., but you may try to print the diagram to picture and then use some third party image editor that can shrink graphics better.

Regards,

Vaclav

Dave, have you tried turning off Shadow Effect in the workspace? I downloaded the freeware edition yesterday, and added two tables to a workspace using IE notation. I noticed that even with a zoom of 250%, the crows foot wasn’t legible. I then noticed that it WAS clear when the table with the many relationship was to the right or under the other table. But it wasn’t clear to the top or left because the shadow cuts off the crows foot image. I have attached two images to illustrate the point.
crows_foot_legible.png

Dave, have you tried turning off Shadow Effect in the workspace? I downloaded the freeware edition yesterday, and added two tables to a workspace using IE notation. I noticed that even with a zoom of 250%, the crows foot wasn’t legible. I then noticed that it WAS clear when the table with the many relationship was to the right or under the other table. But it wasn’t clear to the top or left because the shadow cuts off the crows foot image. I have attached two images to illustrate the point.
crows_foot_not_legible.png

Herman:

I am not using Shadow Effect.

Thanks,
Dave