printing resizes pages

When I choose to print to pdf or printer, the page gets magnified by about 50 %. I can choose the print preview and it looks fine but when I print, it magnifies the page. At one point in the past it was fine. But after I changed a few settings like font size from 8 to 9, straight lines to right angle lines and few other settings it started magnifying the end printing result. I have tried without success to reverse what I did. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to fix my issue.

Hi Pete,

It seems to be a problem of the scale settings.

1. In TDM, please open the Page Format dialog and have a look at the Enlarge box. Does it have the value of 100 %?

2. Settings of the printer - Please check them out - scaling value of the printer + e.g. pages per sheet… Thanks.

Please let us know whether it helped.
Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

Now it prints what is shown, but the diagram is huge.( The after Image) The before image attached is what I had in the past and it printed OK at one point. Is there any other adjustment I can make so that I can print the before image. Note the visible page breaks and page numbers. I have saved multiple versions while I have been modifing this diagram and when I open older versions I have the same problem. This leads me to believe that my problem is at the aplication level not the project level. Any more help would be appreciated. I have to make this work because my boss does not want to continue with ERWIN.
before.bmp

Now it prints what is shown, but the diagram is huge.( The after Image) The before image attached is what I had in the past and it printed OK at one point. Is there any other adjustment I can make so that I can print the before image. Note the visible page breaks and page numbers. I have saved multiple versions while I have been modifing this diagram and when I open older versions I have the same problem. This leads me to believe that my problem is at the aplication level not the project level. Any more help would be appreciated. I have to make this work because my boss does not want to continue with ERWIN.
after.bmp

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your reply.
Didn't you change the page size? - Your tables in the ERD seem to have the same size, only the page boundaries change. It seems like you had a different page size settings for the model (e.g. A3 and A4).
If this is not the case, please write us what format changes exactly you made between the two models. Thanks.

Regarding opening the old versions - format settings are saved together with a particular model/version.

I have to make this work because my boss does not want to continue with ERWIN.
You don't seem to be keen on this... In any case, we'd be pleased to help you to get used to using TDM (if TDM is your choice.). In case of any questions, please feel free to ask.
(Flash movies, tutorials etc. in the Library and weblog are also at your disposal.)

Regards,

Vladka

Thank ypu for the prompt replies, I can appreciate what you go through with software support.

I didn’t change the page size between before and affter images. I only changed the print option enlarge setting from 55, which I never adjusted in the past, to 100. In the end I would like to print out the before example to 8.5x11.
after.bmp

Thank ypu for the prompt replies, I can appreciate what you go through with software support.

I didn’t change the page size between before and affter images. I only changed the print option enlarge setting from 55, which I never adjusted in the past, to 100. In the end I would like to print out the before example to 8.5x11.
before.bmp

Hello Pete,

Thanks for your reply. Let me explain how the Enlarge option in TDM works.

Enlarge is similar to zoom. When you change the Enlarge setting (Page Format dialog), you change size of objects on page. The page size remains unchanged, only number of objects on one page change - according to the Enlarge setting.
Example:
Enlarge is 50, objects will become smaller and more of them will fit to one page.
Enlarge is 100 - the model is in real size. When you compare it with the previous setting (50), the objects will be bigger and fewer of them will fit to one page.
Enlarge is 200 - objects will enlarge and fewer of them will fit to one page.

So, different Enlarge setting = different size of objects and therefore different number of objects on one page.

Well, now I’m not sure, what the problem is. If you want to get the result as the Before example, simply change the Enlarge setting back (or select the enlarge setting that best fits your needs).
Note: Your page size 11x8.5 is almost the A4 size. If there is any problem with the ‘custom’ size and your printer, please try to select A4 size.

If you have any questions, please write me back. Thanks.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team

OK. So far I still have the same problem. When I print my diagram the end result is magnified. I’m assuming it is ignoring the value I set in the page format enlarge option. I have tried on three different printers with the same result. Even when I use the print option for pdf. I have attached screen shots of the page formet values , the print preview, and the scanned image of the printed result.

If you need any other info to help resolve this just ask.

Thanks
page format & print preview.zip (46.2 KB)

OK. So far I still have the same problem. When I print my diagram the end result is magnified. I’m assuming it is ignoring the value I set in the page format enlarge option. I have tried on three different printers with the same result. Even when I use the print option for pdf. I have attached screen shots of the page formet values , the print preview, and the scanned image of the printed result.

If you need any other info to help resolve this just ask.

Thanks
scan of printed page 1.pdf (495 KB)

Hello Pete,

Please write us what TDM version you have. Thanks.

We have tested it in latest TDM version 3.3.8.11 and it works fine for us.
Also, TDM does not allow me to set up margings 0.01 as you have it (see your screenshot). - It is restriction of our printer.

So, please write us what version you are using, we will test it in the version.
And please check it out in latest version 3.3.8.11 and let us know if it works for you too. Thanks very much.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team Message was edited by: vladka

Pete,

Please send us your model and Config files. The files should be at:
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler\Installation #\Configs

You can send it to: modeling@quest.com.

Thanks very much!

Regards,

Vladka

Sorry for the delay. It seemed to have fixed it self. No, just kidding. I figured out what was going on though. If I use the print range option to print just the first page it seems to ignore the Enlarge value in the Page Format option. When I print the whole schema it prints fine. So, what I do is just print the whole thing, and then quit the print job after I get the first page.

Hi Pete,

Thanks! We will fix it. CR # 60 576.

Thanks for your great co-operation!

Regards,

Vladka + TDM Team