NULL

I am getting a {NULL} where I know there is text. Someone once showed me how to rerun the query to remove the {NULL} and return the text, but I have forgotten how. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

I’m sorry but I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. Can you please provide more information?

Thank you,

Igor.

Good Afternoon Mr. Manokhin

I know in the database that the below report was run against has data in the fields DOM_ASFND_NTS and DOM_ACT_WORK_PERF for line item 59102886414. I have experienced this in the past where {NULL} was returned for data I knew was in the database and a friend who had more experience with TOAD than I did, told me how to change this null to the data. I don’t remember what it was that he had me do and he’s now retired so I can’t ask him.

Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 2:50 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] NULL

RE: NULL

Reply by Igor Manokhin

I’m sorry but I’m afraid I don’t understand your question. Can you please provide more information?

Thank you,

Igor.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

What is the data type of data are you expecting to see?

What is the data type of the fields DOM_ASFND_NTS and DOM_ACT_WORK_PERF?

I am guessing, but try casting those fields as Varchar(Max). Cast(DOM_ASFND_NTS as varchar(Max)).

A large text field, maybe 2 or 3 paragraphs at times.

From: Michael Templin [mailto:bounce-michaeltemplin@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2015 4:56 PM

Reply by Michael Templin

What is the data type of data are you expecting to see?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.

A large text field, maybe 2 or 3 paragraphs at times.

From: GregDavis11009 [mailto:bounce-GregDavis11009@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, October 09, 2015 11:33 AM

Reply by GregDavis11009

I am guessing, but try casting those fields as Varchar(Max). Cast(DOM_ASFND_NTS as varchar(Max)).

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Try the Cast function:

Select Cast(DOM_ASFND_NTS as varchar(Max)) as ASFND_NTS

If that does not work take a look at this link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2759721/how-do-i-view-the-full-content-of-a-text-or-varcharmax-column-in-sql-server-20