Object Compare Issue - Privileges

Hi, I have just downloaded the new version and was trying to use it but I’ve found an issue during object compare, when I got to the Define Transformation Rules window none of the privileges appear, no matter what option I choose (Preserve Privileges or Migrate Privileges or both).

Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Andre

Can you please give details and steps how to reproduce an issue?

Sure,

I’m using DB2 9.5.0.8 LUW on AIX 5.3

What I’m doing is propagating a changed object, in this case a table, from our development environment to our Quality environment.

• you need to have a table created on both environments
  • alter the first table, let´s say add a column
  • right click the changed table on tree and select Compare Objects…
  • now follow the steps until you get to the Customize Comparison and Include Privileges, here no matter what I select “Migrate Privileges” or “Preserve Privileges” the result is the same for me. Continue until you get to the “Define Transformation rules” windows
  • In this window you should be able to map what you have in the first source to what you have in the target environments. But the thing is that privileges never appears to be mapped

I hope it makes more sense now.

Regards
Andre

If you compare this table

*CREATE TABLE VLAS.CUSTOMER (
CID BIGINT NOT NULL
) ;

GRANT SELECT ON TABLE VLAS.CUSTOMER TO USER VLAS;*

and apply SCHEMA mapping VLAS = AAA then privilege will be mapped as well.
There will be following script with selected “migrate privileges” option

CREATE TABLE AAA.CUSTOMER (
CID BIGINT NOT NULL
) ;

GRANT SELECT ON TABLE AAA.CUSTOMER TO USER VLAS;

This works as you said but…

in previous release I could have one group on development env and another one with different name in test environment, so I could use the mapping rules to change the group from GROUPDV to GROUPCQ.

I’m not able to do this in the new version.

I have several groups, each one with different access levels, the only thing different between groups is the name, actually the last 2 letters. So, using the mapping rules I could map one group to another and Toad would generate the scrips accordingly. This is how it works in the version 5.0

regards
Andre

I was able to reproduce it and created CR 102993
Thanks