not required. It would be, if Jerry needed to take FULL exports using
his TEST user of course.

Exporting and importing are DBA
activities since they need to access DBA objects like sys
DBMS_ packages and tables.
True, for a FULL export, but for a single user or table or two, I
disagree.

So you don't and shouldn't have
to give someone the DBA role to do imports just the correct role.
Fully agree. IN fact, I'd go so far as to state that you shouldn't give
the DBA role to any user that the database doesn't do automagically. So,
SYS and SYSTEM and no-one else. (Unless Oracle introduces another SYSTEM
type user!)

Also I would look at switching over to using Data Pump since
at some point in maybe Oracle 12x imp and exp will
disappear. In that case you will need the roles
DATAPUMP_EXP_FULL_DATABASE and DATAPUMP_IMP_FULL_DATABASE.
I'm sure Bert said it was already deprecated and imp was already gone.
Exp will remain for a couple of versions to allow old exp files to be
imported.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Thanks Norm for setting me straight once again. :slight_smile:

Ed
[TeamT]

Hi Ed,

Thanks Norm for setting me straight once again. :slight_smile:
That makes it sound worse than I intended - sorry.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk