On DB Diagram tables, can I supress the "Comment" column?

I’m evaluating Toad for use for diagramming via reverse engineering from an existing database. Primary purpose is to keep an up to date diagram easily refreshed from the latest Db (changes made in DB, not directly in Toad).

So far I like the UI and ease of use, but the one thing I don’t like is how the tables look in the diagram. There are two things I need at a minimum for the diagram to suit our purposes, and I can’t figure out how to do them in Toad:

1.I need some sort of foreign key indicator next to the column (not in a separate section at the bottom). the way other packages do it is with an “FK” there, but any little visual indicator is fine. Can that be done in Toad?

2.Even bigger issue is that the display of column details seems to be all or nothing. I need column name and datatype (and FK indicator as mentioned above). I don’t want the nullable and comment column, but there seems no way to show just those two on the table objects. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello Ed,

Welcome to Toad World! :wink:

Here are my comments to your points:

1. Please look up my screenshot (img01.png). Is that what you mean? Actually we show related objects as on the image.
  2. It seems we can add the possibility to manage it from the Database Diagram Properties dialog. (img02.png). Is this solution helpful to you?

Thank you very much for the observations. We will glad to get any feedback from you!

regards, Julia.
img02.png

Hello Ed,

Welcome to Toad World! :wink:

Here are my comments to your points:

1. Please look up my screenshot (img01.png). Is that what you mean? Actually we show related objects as on the image.
  2. It seems we can add the possibility to manage it from the Database Diagram Properties dialog. (img02.png). Is this solution helpful to you?

Thank you very much for the observations. We will glad to get any feedback from you!

regards, Julia.
img01.png

Hi,

Now we added the sub-menu to “Show Column Details” item with possibility to select which columns will be shown. You can see it in my screenshot.

Please, use the next beta drop to check this implementation.

Best regards, Julia.
140213_img01.png