Only saw partial schemas in dropdown list On Toad Data Point v.4.0 Trial Version

I am new to Toad Data Point and just downloaded 4.0 free trial version to see how Toad works with Hive database.

DB connection is sucessful. However, in schema dropdown list, I only saw 10 databases and the schema which I need is not displayed.

Is it because of the trial version?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have exactly the same situation with DB2 (version V5R4M0) in AS400. Database includes more than 100 schemas, but Toad Data Point 4.0 Trial shows only 12 of them. Filters are applied only to displayed schemas. Could you please advice any possible solution of this issue?

Thank you

There is no restriction in the TDP Trial. Can you both post a screenshot and query listing all schemas? Also, you can open a support ticket and we can assist more closely on this.

Here is screenshot with query counting schemas quantity (query to display them - select distinct table_schema from qsys2.systables). In Object explorer only 12 of them are available, but query returns 189 schemas. I thought it could be a profile issue, but in iSeries Navigator all schemas are available to my user profile.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your response!

Below are the two places where we saw the schema. You can see there are only 10 schemas displayed in drop-down list, but actually we have more schemas:

Thanks for your help,

Sissi Wang

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:49 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Only saw partial schemas in dropdown list On Toad Data Point v.4.0 Trial Version

RE: Only saw partial schemas in dropdown list On Toad Data Point v.4.0 Trial Version

Reply by Debbie Peabody

There is no restriction in the TDP Trial. Can you both post a screenshot and query listing all schemas? Also, you can open a support ticket and we can assist more closely on this.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

EMAIL DISCLAIMER

This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are

intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are

addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual

responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, any

disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be

taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this

e-mail in error, please delete it and notify the sender or contact Health

Information Management 312.413.4947.

Hi all,

My problem is solved after changing settings of ODBC driver, I changed Library view from “Default library list” to “All libraries on the system”, after that Toad data point started displaying all existing schemas.

pic1.jpeg

I see. Thanks for sharing the answer

I am not sure where this setting is located. I am using Toad Data Point’s default Hive driver. It is still showing partial Database schemas.

Hello,

The problem with the Hive connection is a known bug (QAT-10557). The fix will be officially released in TDP 4.3, but if you don’t want to wait you can get the fix included in 4.2 from the following link:

http://community-downloads.quest.com/toadsoft/tda/ToadDataPoint_pro_4.2.0.279.zip

Libor