Toad World® Forums

Opena new file in same editor

Is it possible to open a new file and overwrite the existing data in an open editor?

I am using v6.3

Thanks,

Paul

Not currently, but can you let us know your use case? Toad simply creates another Editor tab when opening up a script/file.
So the end-result is the same, except that you get the flexibility of keeping your other code in the other Editor tab in case you need it.

As Gary mentioned Toad will open up a new editor.

If you wanted to bring the contents of that new editor into your existing editor - you can easily CTRL+A and CTRL+C to copy all of its contents.

I too would be interested in why you are asking for this use case.

Our company recently disabled the Create and Replace for procedure command. I need to update about 400 stored procedures. I need to add a Drop and Create statement. I can do this with a code snippet.

I use the find and replace command twice and was hoping to keep the two find commands and change the replaced with value. But when I open a new fond and replace, the values are not kept.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul C. DeLong

MS-Targeting:Managed Services | Software Developer Expert

955 American Lane | Schaumburg, IL 60173| (T) 224-698-4555 | (M) 630-258-0997

www.experianmarketingservices.com

Blog | Facebook |
Instagram
| LinkedIn | Twitter |
YouTube

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:03 PM

To: toaddb2@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for IBM DB2 - Discussion Forum] Opena new file in same editor

RE: Opena new file in same editor

Reply by Gary.Jerep

Not currently, but can you let us know your use case? Toad simply creates another Editor tab when opening up a script/file.

So the end-result is the same, except that you get the flexibility of keeping your other code in the other Editor tab in case you need it.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for IBM DB2 Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for IBM DB2 - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.