Opening ER Diagram from windows displays the file in the editor, not the diagram view. Can this default behavior be changed?

Opening an ER Diagram (ERD-Something.erx) from windows displays the file in the editor, not the diagram view. Can this default behavior be changed?

It’s been a month, any chance to be able to open saved ER diagrams from windows and see a diagram?

Hey Larry,

Sorry, I must have missed your original post when you posted it! You’re right: that would make a lot more sense. I’ve made a few changes in Toad to load ER Diagrams in the ERD window, as well as Code Road Map diagrams in the CRM window and Query Builder files in the Query Builder window.

You should see this change in the next beta. Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues with it.

Thanks for being patient and reminding us about this request!

-John

Good Morning John,

Thank you! 

I’ll test it when the next release is published.

Larry

Lawrence Wickliffe

Department of Labor

ETA/ OMAS/Office of Management and Administrative Services

OIST - Orchestrating Innovative Services & Technology

(202)693-3485 (Office)

(703)508-4945 (Cell)

Humans do not quit playing because

they grow old; they grow old because

they quit playing.

- Oliver Wendell Holmes. 

Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2015 4:03 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Opening ER Diagram from windows displays the file in the editor, not the diagram view. Can this default behavior be changed?

RE: Opening ER Diagram from windows displays the file in the editor,
not the diagram view. Can this default behavior be changed?

Reply by John Bowman

Hey Larry,

Sorry, I must have missed your original post when you posted it! You’re right: that would make a lot more sense. I’ve made a few changes in Toad to load ER Diagrams in the ERD window, as well
as Code Road Map diagrams in the CRM window and Query Builder files in the Query Builder window.

You should see this change in the next beta. Feel free to let me know if you run into any issues with it.

Thanks for being patient and reminding us about this request!

-John

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Good Afternoon John,

I'm trying to test the fix; but windows will not allow TOAD 12.7 in the open with action.  How did you test your fix?

Larry

703-508-4945

Hey Larry,

In the next beta, you should be able to see the file associations in Toad’s option window, under “Files -> General”; however until that’s released, you can change them fairly easily in Windows 7+ by clicking on the Start button and selecting “Default Programs”. In this control panel, you can specify what programs are opened by specific file extensions.

-John

Good Morning John,

I found a fix to Open With not functioning, Alt drag the .erx file to TOAD on the task bar; then right click TOAD and select the file.  The .erx file  opens in ER Diamgam viewer.  :)  Oddly, it opens a new copy of TOAD, rather than opening the file in the current running TOAD.  

If I just have TOAD open, or have it connected, too; both ways TOAD opens the .erx file in the XML editor from file / open file.  If I have the ER Diamgam window opeen, the file / open file opens the file as an ER Diamgam.  :)

I'm using the latest, 12.7.0.73.  

Larry

703-508-4945