Option to "Remove DB Entries"

Hi All,

On Toad 10 ; where is the option to delete a DB connection ?

For instance in Toad 9.7 we had Session >> New Connection >> Right Click on any
of the connections listed >> Remove Selected Entries .

The reason is ; using TOAD 10; I encounter Error : " DataType is not Supported "
as soon as I login to any of the Oracle 7 DB’s ( which use Oracle 8i Client ) ;
but I dont have this error if I use Toad 9.7
And as soon as I logout ( even though I dont update anything ) it prompts for a
commit / rollback every time.

This notification / error makes me paranoid at times :frowning:
( Is this normal ? )

So I’d rather use 9.7 to connect to pre 8i DB’s and the Toad 10 for the 9i and
above.

Thnx,
Sam.

Hi Sam,

On Toad 10 ; where is the option to delete a DB connection ?
select the entries you want to delete, and press the DEL key. Answer the
prompt and Robert is your mother's brother!

The reason is ; using TOAD 10; I encounter Error : "
DataType is not Supported " as soon as I login to any of
the Oracle 7 DB's ( which use Oracle 8i Client ) ; but I
dont have this error if I use Toad 9.7
Are you certain that it is actually using the 8i client to connect to
the 7 databases?

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it. We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes. If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Hi Norm,

The DEL key : Ahh, that was easy :slight_smile:

Are you certain that it is actually using the 8i client to connect to the 7
databases?
100%. And it happens for all the 6 DB's which run on Oracle 7.3.x with Oracle 8i
clients.

Thanks as always Norm !